Mission Impossible

League members filled the halls of Mt. Justice, though they all remained rather tight lipped as to why. Flash and Kid Flash were both raiding the kitchen, while M'gann and her uncle were busy having a mental conversation on the couch.  Kaldur and Aquaman had decided to go for a quick swim in the mountain's pool, and Green Arrow took Artemis to show off a few new arrow designs.  Superman hovered closely by the zeta tube entrance, effectively ignoring Conner as he watched silently from the other side of the room. 

"Recognized, Batman 02."

Batman strode into the mountain, not even bothering to glance in Superman's direction as he immediately announced for everyone to join him in the mission room.  After a few moments, everyone started filing in.  M'gann and J'onn floated inside, followed by Artemis and Green Arrow, Aqualad and Aquaman, and somehow the flashes were the last ones to enter.  Batman looked over at Conner as he continued resting against the wall.

"I said everyone," he clarified while pointing to an open spot next to him.

Conner glanced around uncomfortably before making his way to Batman's side.  Superman seemed to unconsciously takes a few steps back, as he refused to meet his clone's gaze.  Sending a rather intense bat glare towards the man, Batman sighed as he redirected his attention back to everyone else. 

"There are reports of an illegal arms shipment arriving just outside of Gotham tonight."

"Umm," everyone glanced up at Wally, "If it's in Gotham, then why are we...going..." Wally's eyes grew wide as he realized who EXACTLY he just cut off. Shrinking slightly, he involuntarily moved behind his nearby uncle.

Batman, choosing to ignore the outburst, continued with the mission details. "Normally, I would restrict any outside heroes in my city, however, I'm going to be unable to attend to this matter."

Before Wally could unintentionally speak up again, Batman beat him to the punch.

"League business. Anyway, I trust that you all can handle this, and remember that just because you have my permission to enter the city," his eyes morphed into one of his trademark glares while his voice dropped several octaves without even trying. "No one protects MY city, but me. Understood?"

The teenagers all nervously nodded as the found themselves hiding behind their mentors, even Superboy shot an anxious glance towards Superman, who only looked away.

"You'll have a few hours to get prepared, dismissed."

Nobody had to be told twice as they all scurried away, however, Batman immediately grabbed Superman's arm. Clark held a smile, though it was clearly beginning to waver as they became the last two in the room.

"Umm, is there something I can do for you, Batman?" Superman innocently questioned.

An annoyed scowl set upon Batman's visible features, "You need to stop avoiding him."

Automatically, Superman's entire demeanor changed. Dropping the smile, he seemed almost angry as he tried to walk away. Batman, however, wasn't going to let him get away that easily.

"He isn't just going to go away, what, do you honestly believe that if you ignore him long enough he'll just disappear out of your life like he never existed?"

"Batman, don't-"

"No, Clark. Because like it or not, he ISN'T going away any time soon, and he needs someone to-"

"What exactly would you even know about anyway? Since when are you an expert on children, you aren't even a mentor! Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get ready for tonight."