Dawn of Justice

Launching himself at into the scene, Dick already had an attack plan ready to set into motion.  None of the guys he had faced prior were much of a challenge, so he was definitely confident of his chances.  However, after immediately tossing a batarang at the outstretched hand that was holding his youngest brother captive, Dick's confidence took a troubled turn. The weapon bounced harmlessly onto the floor, a far cry from the usual results. The sound of the metal clanking against the concrete flooring rang in the young teen's ears as he dodged the punched that suddenly followed.  Rolling off to the right, his feet settled just out of range. Despite this guy's apparently thick skin, Dick was determined to make the cut. A strategy change was definitely in order.  Yet, before he could even devise his next move, his hiding place became compromised.

What the heck?!  He silently screamed as he once again dodged an incoming fist.  Flipping into a back handspring, Dick came to rest even further away.  Creeping against a nearby container, Dick watched as the guy stumbled a bit as he recovered.  He was simultaneously grateful and worried about the punch had missed him.  That was to strikes in a row, both dangerously close to reaching their target.  It couldn't be a coincidence, but it shouldn't be possible.  Dick's brain rattled through the different explanations, however, none were boding well for his chances.  Not to mention that this was a rescue operation.

Damian was currently tugging at his golden hood, trying desperately to be free of the iron grip.  It was becoming rather clear to Dick that his frustrations were growing to alarming levels.  Unfortunately, it seemed in the youngest boy's hysteria, he made a critical mistake.  Dick knew that look on his baby brother's face quite extensively, he even shook his head in one last attempt to curb the idea.  But, it was all for naught as Damian's pearly teeth gleamed through the night vision lenses, he grabbed his captor's wrist and plunged his mouth into the arm.  Dick threw a batarang, watching as it easily sliced through a large patch of fabric as Damian's mouth flew open.  The boy fell to the ground, obviously dazed as he viscously rubbed the side of his jaw.  Racing to his brother, Dick avoided another sloppy punch as he scooped up Damian and took cover atop a container on the other side. 

"Gr-"Damian began to say, before immediately clutching his face. 

"It's alright, Dami,"  Dick signed, not wanting to give away their position by talking.  "Let me see."

Damian tentatively opened his mouth, exposing the damage.  If Dick hadn't seen it himself, he wouldn't have ever believed it.

Does he brush his teeth with cement?!  Dick couldn't help but wonder as he saw only one small issue in the entire thing.  Damian's right canine was noticeably chipped, which would definitely be impossible to hide from their father, but considering the kid basically tried to eat a cinderblock, it was almost a miracle he had any teeth at all.  Unfortunately, he didn't have time to dwell on the impossibility that was Damian's teeth.  They had waited too long, and as the fist collided with the side of Dick's mask, his mind could only ask the question, How did he find us?!

"Nigh-" Damian tried to call as he chased after Dick's body as it tumbled ungraciously onto the concrete.

His head throbbed as he struggled to open his eyes and get the license plate number of the truck.  After blinking a few times, however, the overpowering darkness refused to leave the left side of his vision.  Instantly, he went to rub it away, before realizing that it wasn't the glass of his specialized mask lens that his hand rested on.  Panic flooded his senses, the three rules repeated endlessly in his father's voice.  Suddenly, he was being pushed aside as the air just above his head ever so slightly shifted his ebony locks.  Damian stood over him protectively, as their opponent slowly recovered from his attack attempt.

Can't this guy do anything but through punches?  How underwhelming...

Dick shook away the thought, choosing to instead to jump back into action.  Grabbing Damian, Dick quickly reached inside his utility belt.  Five smoke bombs would be plenty.  As the enemy went for another shot, Dick tossed the bombs all around them.  The entire area filled with a suffocating layer of smoke, blinding anyone unfortunate enough to be trapped within its grasp.  Dick and Damian had easily made their escape, resting on a far away container.  Let's see him catch us now!  Dick arrogantly smirked.

Yet, it appeared they weren't the only ones with mysterious ways.  A trail of smoke followed closely behind as their opponent launched himself out of danger, nearly clipping the roof as he jumped onto another container on the other side of the warehouse.  The container crumbled under the pressure, but still held him well above the barrier.  He stood tall, unmoving.  Both Dick and Damian watched curiously, silently confident that he couldn't possibly see them from so far away.  As it was, they had their masks zoomed in just to monitor the guy.  It was a few moments before they saw him turn, glaring straight at them.

OH, COME ON!  Dick felt his blood boiling, this battle seemed rigged at this point.  Maybe they weren't even fighting a person at this point, maybe it was an android?  It wouldn't be that much of a stretch, and it certainly would explain a lot.  However, as he immediately activated his hologlove, the screen confirmed that there were no machines in play.  The container received an enormous dent as their uninvited guest landed right next to them.  And, like clockwork, his fist followed.  Dick watched anxiously, his head had just barely escaped another brush with pain.  Clutching his exposed eye, Dick attempted to swipe his feet under the enemy's legs, unfortunately, it only resulted in giving away his position even faster. He narrowly avoided the strike, but then he noticed something. A knowing smirk crossed his face as he back flipped onto another container. The opponent dutifully followed, winding up for a punch. Predictably, he missed and stumbled forward. Dick immediately seized his opening, rolling across the container as he wrapped his grappling rope around his enemy's legs. Tumbling forward, he didn't have any time to react as Dick quickly tied down his arms as well. The guy thrashed about and growled, only for Dick to cackle as a response.

"Just give it up, you'll be sliced through before those ropes snap!"

Again, he only growled, but he did calm slightly. Dick couldn't wipe the grin off his face, even Damian's scowl seemed to lighten a fraction. Nothing could ruin his victory, although the universe was definitely ready to challenge that idea. Damian tugged on his oldest brother's aqua cape, and pointed. Straining his eye, Dick watched as Tim suddenly came into view. The younger boy skillfully dodged the random bodies of the subdued goons as he made his way towards the center. Shrugging off any apprehension, Dick motioned for Damian to follow. The two dropped onto the concrete, allowing their steps to be heard. Tim immediately rushed back towards them, panting slightly.

"N-Nightwing, R-Robin!" He shouted, his voice wavering for some reason. He looked around for a moment, "Where's Red Hood?" He quickly asked.

Dick shrugged, "Wasn't he with you?"

Damian scoffed, even he knew how ridiculous it was to expect Jason to actually stick with the plan. Tim frowned, he was definitely jumpy tonight. "Well we need to find him! We all need to evacuate the premises!"

This time an unsettling chuckle filled the air, "Now, why would we want to leave?"

All three boys glanced upward, Jason was resting on a container above them. Dick wondered if his remaining night vision lens was malfunctioning, That girl can't be green, can she?

"Red Hood! We need to hurry!" Tim exclaimed, already showing off his grappling gun.

Jason shook his head, "Sorry, no can do!"

Tim face palmed, "WE. DON'T. HAVE. TIME. FOR. THIS!"

"Alright, let's try to stay...whelmed here," Dick interjected, ignoring the eye rolls and questioning mumbles. "Did you find the team?"

Tim nodded, "Everyone but the Martian and Superman's clone."

Jason smirked as he pointed to the girl slumped on his shoulder.

"Well then that just leaves Super-"

"Actually," Jason seemed to be suppressing laughter at this point, "Nightwing found him, and let me tell you, you missed quite the show!"