Chapter 11: Engagement.

(One Year Later)

it's been a horrible year. funerals, crying, sorry for your loss letters, more crying. thankfully you had mark to comfort you, in your time of need.

You've been staying at your mothers house as you tried to pull yourself together. which you would expect from a mother, to give you comfort.

you laid in the guest bed next to mark with his arms wrapped around you as he slept soundly. you played with his shirt as you wrapped your leg around his for comfort. "mark?" you whispered as you poked his chest trying to wake him. "mark, wake up babe it's morning." you teased as you climbed on top of him, then sitting softly of his stomach. "wake up mark-mellow." You giggled as you put your nose to his, which made him laugh softly as his eyes opened showing his beautiful chocolate eyes. "morning..." he mumbled as he lifted his hands and held your face softly then leaning you closer as he kissed the tip of your nose.

"morning.." you smirked "mark, can we go for a walk in the woods?" you asked

he smiled. "sure, let me go to the store and get some hiking boots then we'll go for a walk." he said as he sat up and leaned against the head of the bed frame. you scooted onto his lap and wiggled your booty. you watched at his face lit up like a fire. "(f-(f/n)" he stuttered as you continued wiggling, teasing him made you giggle as you watched his head fall back. "wh-what about the walk?" he asked nervously. "walking can wait.." you giggled as you pushed your chest against his, showing off your cleavage. "I-I.." he stuttered which made you laugh. "(f/n)!" your mom called from downstairs. "damn.." you muttered as you scooted off of mark and headed downstairs.

Mark's POV

"what's gotten into her?" I said to myself as I threw the covers back and got out of bed.

I slipped a pair of jean's on then headed downstairs after (f/n). "I'm going to the store.." I called out as I left out the front door towards (f/n) moms car. "you forgot the keys!" (f/n) called out as she tossed the keys to me. I caught them then waved to her, heading to the store for 'boots.'

I walked into the jewellery store, looking at each of the rings. "hello, may I help you?" a woman asked.

"I'm looking for an engagement ring?" I said as I looked up at the woman and smiled, hoping she'd help me find the best one.

"yes, this way. those are marriage rings." she smiled pointing at the ones I was admiring.

I followed her to a shelf full of diamond and gold rings.
"do you have her finger size?" she asked.

I nodded. "yeah, I kinda tried a few of her old rings on her while she was sleeping..." I said as I pulled a ring out of my pocket and handed it to her.

"size.... five.." she smiled as she began to look on the shelf. "oh... let- let me go look in the back.." she smiled as she walked off.

I stood looking at all the rings. smiling brightly, hoping (f/n) would except me as her husband. I took a step forward and something shined from across the room. "hnm.." I walked over and saw a diamond ring, beautifully held by a twisting metal. "wow.." I said to myself as I picked it up. "size five.. hey! what about this one?" I called out as I walked toward the back.

"wh-where did you find that? I don't remember having that one.." she said as she put her thumb on her chin.

"how much?" I asked examining the ring.

"hnm.. since I've never seen it and it doesn't have a prize tag.. how about a hundred?" she suggested as she walked over to the males rings and grabbed one off the shelf handing it to me. "fifty each?" I asked.

"fifty each.." she smiled

"no, how about a hundred each?" I said know that fifty was to much of a bargain.

"no no, I know (f/n) mother.. consider it a gift.." she smiled brightly as we both walked over to the counter.

I paid for the rings then went searching for a pair of hiking boots. when I got back to (f/n)'s house she was sitting on the porch angrily. "what's up?" I asked as I walked up to her. "you've been gone for three hours.." she mumbled. "it takes two hours to get to the store, then another hour for me to find the right boots.." I said as I held up the boots. "ok ok.." she smiled as I sat next to her, tying my boots up. "ready?" I asked holding a hand out to her. "ready!" she said as she took my hand and we headed for the woods. it was the first day of autumn which made the walk through the woods beautiful. we came across a stream as she sat down in front of it, slipping her shoes off and sticking her feet in. I turned around and pulled the ring box out of my pocket and examined the ring. "mark?" she asked which made me shut the box and shove in into my pocket then slowly turned toward her. "yes?" I asked sitting next to her. "what were you holding?" she smiled.
"this." I said as I stood up and got down onto one knee..

"(f/n)?
when I bumped into you causing you to drop your coffee I fell for you first thing, and when I figured out we lived right next to each other my heart skipped a beat. knowing I could always see your beautiful face.." I smiled noticing her tear up. "I don't have any experience doing this.. but what I've learned from movies it sometimes turns out awesomely...
so.. (f/n) I want to spend the rest of my live with you, I want to wake up every morning and see your wonderful face, and beautiful smile.. I want to have a family with you. I want to never see you walk away thinking it never worked out because I wasn't there.. ill be there for you.. if you'll be here. For me..
I love you (f/n), so very much." I smiled so wildly I thought my face was going to fall off.

---------"Will You Marry Me?"----------