Chapter Ten

(Your POV. art: by Me!
two months later.)
you and mark were at the store buying your mother a birthday present..
He smiled brightly as you both walked out to the car. when you got into your side, a bad feeling washed over you. you didn't know what it was, you just dismissed the feeling as mark entered the car, then you drove home.

When you walked through your apartment door, mark followed behind. you noticed your answering machine had a message, so you walked over to it and clicked play..

"Honey?!" you mothers panicked voice came on to the phone. "Honey! your.." she sobbed loudly. "your fathers dead! he... he had a heart attack! please!" you stood listening frozen.. "please call me!! I love you!" then she hung up.. your legs gave out from under you, but marks hands held your waist. "babe, it's okay. I've got you." mark said sadly as he sat you down at the kitchen table.

You where frozen, you couldn't move. you felt your stomach drop as a few tears ran your face. "daddy?" you whispered out as your hands shook lightly. "(f/n) it's okay." mark whispered as he softly rubbed your back. "no mark! it's not okay!" you screamed forgetting everything, except your dead father. "I CANNOT believe you would say it OKAY!" you cried out loudly. he only had shock on his face. "I know it's not okay that way.. I'm just trying to comfort you." he said calmly. "you don't understand!" you screamed as you stood up pointing at him. he got an angry look on his face. "I DO UNDERSTAND!" he shouted, pointing at you. "NO YOU DON'T! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS!" you screamed louder. he breathed out deeply as he didn't dare make eye contact with you. "I lost my father too." he whispered as he slowly looked up at you, a tear running down his cheek. "but of course I don't understand.." he mumbled as he walked out of your apartment and shut the door softly.

You stood frozen as you heard rummaging in his apartment next door. about fifteen minuets passed, as mark walked through the door holding a picture frame. he stood in the door frame holding it out to you shakily. you took it hesitantly and turned it over. it was a picture of you and mark at the aquarium kissing.

"I was going to give it to you as a birthday gift..." he smirked. "to show you how much I love you.."

you stared at it with teary eyes. "wh-who took this?" you asked. "and why give it to me so soon?" you added.

he looked down at the floor. "the man at the aquarium took it.. and you're going to end our relationship.." he turned away.

you shook your head no multiple times as you tried to move your legs. "m-mark!" you shouted, as your legs gave out again causing you to fall forward.

"I got you." he said into your neck as he held you close. "so were sticking together?" he asked.

you shook your head yes violently wrapping your arms around him holding him close. "I've gotta go home.." you whispered.

"what do you mean?" he asked

"my mom lives in Michigan.. I have to see her.. my family.." you cried as he rubbed your back trying to calm you.

"ill get the tickets.." he whispered as you both sat on the floor. you cried loudly as mark began to sing a lullaby.
"sound the bugle now. play it just for me. as the seasons change remember how I use to be. now I can't go on. I can't even start. I've got nothing left, just an empty heart. I'm a soldier wounded so I must give up the fight. there's nothing more, for me, lead me away. or leave me lying here." you looked up at him, with an angered look on your face. "seriously?" you sniffed. "what, to sad?" he asked pulling you closer. "ye-yes.." you whimpered as you grabbed at his shirt.

You both sat on the floor hugging each other for two hours, until you decided to start packing for home.
you packed only what came to mind. you were so flustered, you felt faint as the room spun. you fell against the wall as the room kept spinning. "m-mark!" you shouted as you closed your eyes. you were going to throw up. "mark.." you mumbled as you fell over and fainted..

Marks POV

I packed my clothes then zipped up my suit case. "Are you ready?" I shouted out knowing her door was open and mine as well.

I thought I heard her call my name but dismissed it as I through my backpack over my shoulder and left my apartment. I locked my door and took my bag out to my car, as I shut the trunk I felt a tap on my shoulder. but before I could turn around I felt a fist make contact with my face, making everything go double and blurry. the person bent over and I could make out the face. "k-Kevin?" I slurred out as he smirked at me. "hello mother fucker." he laughed as he kicked me in the gut. "don't.. touch her!" I grunted as I grabbed his foot and pulled him to the ground. "she's mine mark!" he shouted as he kicked me in the face. I watched as he got up and walked away, but was tackled to the ground by someone. "you okay mark?" another man asked, as soon as he spoke I realised it was wade. "W-Wade?" I slurred out as he put my arm over his shoulder and helped me inside. "bobs got him." wade said as I watched bob kick Kevin's ass. "thanks.." I mumbled as he guided me toward my apartment. "no, go into (f/n).." I pointed. he smiled as he basically dragged me into there and sat me on the couch. "(f/n)?!" I shouted waiting for an answer. "(f/n)?" I yelled again. "you stay here, ill check around." wade said as he walked off. a few moment later wade shouted something I couldn't hear. "dude!" he called again. "she's passed out on the floor." I stumbled off the couch and crawled toward (f/n)'s room. right as I made it past the door way I heard her talk. "wh-who are you?" she mumbled as I watched him sit her up. "I'm wade, marks friend." wade said as he pointed at me. "mark! what happened to you?" she shouted as she scurried over to me. "your stupid ex surprise attacked me.." I explained the whole thing as she and wade cleaned up my face. "you're a little swollen but you should be fine." wade said as (f/n) put a band aid on my cheek. "I'm gonna go check on bob." wade said as he left the room.

I pulled (f/n) close to me. "we've gotta move.." I laughed as she giggled softly.