Chapter eight

You woke up to a gentle knock on your door. you sat up slowly and saw Sarah was on the floor snoring. you laughed lightly as you walked over to the door and opened it.. it was Kevin. "hey" Kevin said in a husky voice. "go away!" you shouted as you slammed the door, but Kevin put his foot in the way. "that's no way to treat your boyfriend." he laughed as he swung the door open causing you to fall and scream. "Sarah!" she shot her head up and saw Kevin. "get away from her!" she screamed as she jumped up and ran at him. "pathetic." he laughed as he pushed her off of him. she flew back and hit the wall, blacking out. "oh god!" you said as you scooted back with every step he took. "MARK!! HEL-" you were cut off by him grabbing your throat and propping you against the wall. you struggled under his grip gasping for air. he leaned in slowly, putting his mouth to your ear. "he can't love you, if you're dead!" he whispered as he nibbled your earlobe and started to choke you harder. everything started to fade. you couldn't see anything only his figure..

you saw a glowing white figure appear in the room and engulf the shadow one. air filled your lungs as you watch the white figure shove the shadow figure out of the apartment. "(F/N)!!" the voice called out as you felt arms around you and body heat.. "h-help me m-mark.." you whispered as you felt your body become weaker.. "it's okay.. I'm right here, he will never touch you again.." the white light said as your vision fully adjusted.. it was mark. "mark." you smiled as you pulled him close.. "he.. he tried to kill me.." you forced out as he picked you up and laid you on the couch. "it's alright, ill never let him hurt you." mark frowned as he pulled his phone out and dialled 9-1-1.

"Kevin Stewart Figerson.." you mumbled. Mark nodded as he gave all the information to the police. "check Sarah.." you whispered after mark got off the phone. "okay." he replied as he walked over to her. "she's breathing.. ill put her in her bed.." he picked Sarah up and left the room. when he returned he looked like he was gonna pass out. he was pale, and looked peaked.. "you okay mark?" you asked. "I'm.. I'm fine.. just tired.." he walked over to you and laid down next to you, pulling you close, and burying his face into your chest. "what did he say to you?" mark asked muffled out from your breasts. "you can't love me if I'm dead.." you whispered sadly as you felt him hug you tighter.

"(f/n), i promise to not let you out of my sight again.." mark said as his voice cracked. "mark you don't ha-" "yes i do!" he cut you off. "i do need to watch you..... because.. because i love you.." he said with a shaky voice. he obviously cares about you. "are you going to become obsessed. or something?' you asked. "i don't know, it depends.." you glare at him. "on what?" he only shrugged.

Marks POV

I lay peacefully on my couch.. (f/n) already left, knowing I fell asleep. it felt good to take a nap. I sat up slowly and looked at my phone. (5:34) "I slept for nine hours?" I said to myself as I stood up and walked to the kitchen, and opened the fridge. "MARK!!" (f/n) voice screamed out. I slammed the fridge and ran into the hallway. when I kicked her door open I saw her being choked.. he was holding her up against the wall. without hesitation I ran at him, grabbing the hair on the back of his head, dragging him out of the apartment. I threw him down the stairs, he laid there for a few moments then crawled out of the building. I ran back into (f/n) room, she was laying on the ground, I ran over to her and picked her up. "(F/N)!!" I called out to her blank stare. "h-help me m-mark.." she whispered "it's okay.. I'm right here, he will never touch you again.." I smiled. "mark.. he.. he tried to kill me.." she let out a shaky breath. "I won't let him.." I thought.

Your POV.

a few hours passed as you laid with mark on the couch.. he was fast asleep as you watched spongebob squarepants on the T.V on low volume.. mark still looked horrible.. a bit pale.. "Mark.." you whispered as you shook him awake. "yeah?" he asked. you covered your mouth in shock when he opened his eyes. they were red, and he had huge black bags under his eyes.. "oh god!" you whispered. "what? what's wrong?!" he asked sounding scared. "you need an ambulance.." you grabbed his phone off the coffee table and called an ambulance.

you went to the hospital with him, and he was diagnosed with low white blood count, low iron, low blood pressure, low pulse.. and depression, he was sleep deprived and he also wasn't eating enough.. he laid in the hospital bed in the ER as they connected IV's. you began to tear up as they admitted him into the hospital. he had medicine bags and pills to take..

He just sat, and didn't say anything. "Mark?" you questioned as you sat at his bedside. "I'm sorry.." he whispered. "why?" "I let myself become this.. this sick person.." he shook his head as a knock came at the door.
"Mark?" a females voice said. "you have guests."

Marks POV

bob, wayde, my mom, my brother.. they were all here. "hey." I said weakly. "mark!" my mom called out as she rushed toward me hugging me tightly. "not to tight." I whispered into her ear as she let go and smiled sadly. "what happened?" my brother Thomas asked. I explained what I've been through the past two months, and why I am in the hospital. my mother looked very sad while bob and wayde tried to keep a smile.

We all talked for a few hours and mom seemed to like (f/n). everyone left an hour before guest hours did, but (f/n) stayed. "there gonna make you go home.." I told her. "can't we just make something up?" she asked sadly. I thought for a moment. "when you were in the hospital, I told them I was your fiancé." she smiled brightly. "fine, mr. fiancé, ill be mrs. fiancée!" she smiled. then a knock came at the door. "times up." the nurse smile. "we're engaged." we said at the same time. "oh, the fiancé's okay. I'm sorry.. goodnight." then she left. (f/n) bursted out laughing. "talk about me being nervous!" she laughed, I just smiled at her as her (short/long) (h/c) fell over her eyes..

(F/n) was fast asleep, as I began to drift off into dreamland. "goodnight." I whispered as I closed my eyes and fell asleep.