24 ~ Anhedonia

" The way you help me and make me happy,
Is something I wonder is the best things to me."

Author's POV

" Hey, Are you fine?" That unknown brunnete asked Jia, bringing Jia out of her reverie.

" Sorry, I just fell down. Actually I am unwell, I guess." Jia mumbled once she recovered her awareness.

" That's okay. How do you feel now? I am a doctor, say me if I can help you." The estranged saviour enquired.

"I am feeling nauseous from several days. I haven't even touched fast food." Jia told the other girl.

" Did you miss your periods?" That girl asked Jia, as she felt it can be one of the possibilities, seeing her married.

" I- Yes." She said while thinking the same. Suddenly, her face glowed.

The other girl smiled at her, and asked her to test once. She asked Jia to accompany her and she did.

" Please wait, till I come out." Jia requested the girl before entering the room to test for confirmation.

As she came out of the room, she hugged her tight. Her eyes were moist as the other girl congratulated her.

" Will you be able to go back home alone?" The other one asked to which Jia replied a yes.

" Then, I will take your leave. Ok, take care." She was about to leave, when Jia stopped her.

" Please, stay a little longer. I want someone to talk to me, I am bored of being alone." She pleaded. The girl smiled and sat with her in the nearby park.

" Can we be friends?" It was the first question she had to be answered by that girl, whom she met just an hour earlier. The girl was taken aback by her proposal, but she vigorously nodded her head positively , the next while.

" So, my new friend, what should I call you? Don't be formal, I think we should call each other in our nicknames, shouldn't we?" The unknown girl put her point forward .

" You can call me Jia."

" It's Riyu." Both said simultaneously and then started laughing. The combined laughter of the two amazing humans and beautiful girls was creating a melody of cheers in the hearts of the travellers, who crossed them. It felt as if earth heard this music after a long trail of days.

They exchanged their numbers and thought to talk frequently over phone, before they parted their paths.

" In this world of millions, I felt as if she was made to be my best friend forever, that I always wished for. Though Mishka and I love to enjoy time together, still the peace I felt with Riyu, was not even slightly similar with her." Jia thought while driving back home. That old lifeless Jia was no more, but it was the same prankster and irritating Jia, who was the college queen.

Her heart was dancing, knowing that she was bearing the fruit of their love. She was too excited to share this news with her dearest hubby, that also ignited a hope of 'normalising their relation yet again' in her.

She called him as soon as she reached home, cautiously walking up the stairs with a hand holding her presently flat belly possessively. She was too careful to even think about any mishap to occur with her child, their child.

She placed her weight on the bed and stretched her legs, resting her back on the wooden bed post. Thinking about how to say him the same, she finally tapped the call option.

" Ishan, I miss you." That was the first thing her lips spelled as the call was continued.

" Jia, I have more works than hearing your 'I miss you', let me do my work peacefully and please, don't disturb me." He roared in a slightly rough voice due to the inner turmoil that has been increasing in him these days.