4 ~ Wrong Wiring

" I am not afraid to be hated,
But to be misunderstood"

Mrinal's POV

I was running here and there because of the wild fire that was increasing terror around the castle. Emboldened, I helped children run out of the castle for their safety. Harsh came running towards me and hurriedly made me run with him while dragging me, holding my wrist. I reached a better place, where my Samyukt bhai sa and Baba sa was present along with Dajiraj and Som.

" Harsh, where is Roop bhai and your Maa sa ?" I screamed out of fear . He was also in a trail of deep thoughts.

"Harsh, move ahead we need to search for them." I yelled but he didn't budge. I was now annoyed at him.

I set out to find them on my own along with Baba sa. Soon, we reached a corner of the building where Roop bhai was standing, holding a dagger near Rajshri Maa sa's throat.

I was startled to see Roop bhai trying to kill my to be sasu maa.

"Bhai Sa, what are you doing? Leave her." I pleaded bhai sa.

" No, I won't leave her." Roop bhai shouted, making me surprised.

"But why are trying to kill my maa sa? What is her fault?" Harsh came speaking from behind.

" Because your dearest maa sa was conspiring to kill my baby sister and I won't spare those, who think of hurting my family and even, she is the reason for this fire. Better ask her why she did all this ?", Roop bhai said in a breath throwing a ferocious glare at the Queen. I saw Harsh moving back, slowly.

" Just leave her, bhai. We will discuss it among us. Don't worry. Calm down." I pleaded Roop bhai.

When Roop bhai was bringing the dagger down, suddenly the Queen held his wrist tightly and in a split second, her neck was slit with blood lavishly from the straight cut line.

I was petrified, seeing what just happened. Roob bhai sa was watching at the knife numbly, unable to comprehend what just took place. Erstwhile, an arrow pierced through his chest, and struck there. A louf scream left my lips, with a faint painful gasp.

"Bhai sa. Roop bhai sa. No- Nothi-ing will happen to you. St-Stay awake bhai, please." Words came out of my mouth in between my teary sobs as my heart was scattered to see the one, whom I love the most in a pool of blood.

In some time, Roop bhai struggled to get up and whispered in my ears, 'I love you, my baby sister'.

Those were the last ounces of air, he inhaled near my ears before placing a kiss on my cheeks. Then, I saw his eye staring at me, immobile and dry with a soft smile.

I carresed my palm on his lashes and his staggered breath stopped, closing his eyes as I felt his body's weight crushing my hand on the floor, as he slept forever.

As my tears trailed down and eventually died down, I was outraged to avenge by brother's death.

As I turned back, what I viewed made me dumbfolded and snatched earth beneath my knees. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was the worst nightmare of my life, if not real.

Anxiously, I pinched my skin still the scene in front of my eyes remained unchanged.

I saw Harsh standing some feets away from me, holding a bow in his arm and an arrow in his hand.