30 ~ Mizpah

" You don't love him,
Then what's the matter with you if he is hurt,
Why this stress?"

Jia's POV

I was getting late for the hospital but had to stay back for a while for my cranky baby. From last night, he is behaving all cranky and cry baby.

I was feeding him, when my phone started ringing. I picking up the call, holding Jishan in my arms.

" Hello, Am I speaking to Ishan Sir's wife?" The person spoke.

" Yes." I replied in a unsure tone.

" Good afternoon ma'am. I wanted to ask you if Ishan sir is well? Actually, he isn't responding us and has locked him up in his office break room." The person asked in a concerned tone, rising my worries.

" Where is he?" I asked him.

" Ma'am, he is inside his attached bedroom in his cabin from last night." He said.

" When did he reach last night?" I asked in a worried tone. He explained. I terminated the call saying, " I am coming." I drove my car to his company thinking of what that person said.

Flashback

" Let's start the left over music shootings." Ishan entered the music studio before 5 am, which startled Shyam, his PA. His eyes were red, hair was messy,and shirt was half buttoned.

" Yes sir. Here is the song." He replied back and they started to shoot.

" Tu Jo Nazron Ke Saamne Kal Hoga Nahi
Tujhko Dekhe Bin Main Mar Na Jaaun Kahin
Tu Jo Nazron Ke Saamne Kal Hoga Nahi
Tujhko Dekhe Bin Main Mar Na Jaaun Kahin
Tujhko Bhool Jaaun Kaise
Maane Na, Manaaun Kaise
Tu Bata..." The smile on his wife face and his son's excited baby languages on his arrival at home, was featuring on his mind. The lyrics of this song was so relatable to his condition.

"Roke Na Ruke Naina
Teri Ore Hai Inhe Toh Rehna...
Roke Na Ruke Naina...
Ooo..." As he recalled the words of Jia from few hours back, a lone tear escaped his eyes. He turned away, leaving the shoot in middle.

Shyam followed him to see if he was alright. Ishan drew a small container of beer and gulp it down his throat. Locking himself inside his attached bedroom, he dipped his face in the pillow, wetting it. He threw the container away, in turn the broken glass slit his wrist, causing it to bleed.
◾◾◾

" Ma'am?" A person in his mid thirties asked and I nodded. All the employees greeted me one by one.

" Isn't it the first time when Ishan sir is resting till now? Is something wrong with him?" I heard them say as I moved to the top-most floor.

The elevator dinged, indicating that we arrived. I turned the knob of his room, it was empty.

" This way, Ma'am." Shyam told me pointing towards a cupboard. Moving it a little, there was a lock system.

" Ma'am, do you know the password?" He asked and I denied.

" Lemme try." I told him and tried his birth day but it turned red, showing it was wrong. I had just 2 more chances. I typed our marriage date, it too failed.

I was anxious, still with some courage I typed what I felt appropiate and it was correct. JISHAN..

Entering inside, I saw broken glass pieces on the floor. I asked Shyam to leave and he obliged. I saw my husband, sleeping soundly in the centre of the bed.

Carefully walking towards him, I shook him but was surprised to see his body boiling with high temperature. I shook him to wake him up.

" Ishan, wake up. Let's go to the hospital." I said. But he didn't even turn. I shook him a little more violently.

" Hmm... " He woke up and as he saw me. I was left off guard seeing his red eyes. He cried...

" You are not well, let's go to the hospital." I told him.

" I am fine. You go home, baby must be searching for you." He said not even looking at me.

" How can you be so careless, you should take care of yourself." I told him.

He just smiled and replied, " My life doesn't matter to me anymore. Let it go, you go. You really don't need to worry about me." He said but it pricked me as a needle, hearing the pain in his voice.

" Let me live the world soon, what will I do alone, losing you both." He said turning his face to the other side, clearly hiding those tears in his eyes.

" What is this?" I was shocked to see the bed strained with blood all over, as he moved out of the bed. I ran after him.

" Oh my god!!" I whispered as his wrist was bleeding lavishly. He swayed a bit and fell on me.

I supported his body, and moved him to the bed. Placing his head on my lap, I dressed his cut. I ordered orange juice, and made him drink it and even the medicine, after melting it in water. I carresed his hair gently.

" Why do you do this?" I voiced out deliberately. He pulled my leg down and laid his face on my neck curve. My neck was wet with his tears.

" I am sorry, you had to marry such a uncaring husband like me. But, I have my own insecurities that is deep inside me. Still, I am selfish to tell you that I want you. I can't see any other person touching you." He said.

" I too love you but when you seize yourself, I feel as if someone has stolen my life from me. But, it's over now." I replied him back. He wiped his tears and let me go. I felt as if I lost myself with the withdrawal of his hold.

He carresed my cheek and said," You even snatched my right to touch you. I will do everything you want to be happy,even if it means to lose you." With this he left. I saw his figure disappearing.

My trance broke as my call ringed, "Hello, where are you? Come soon. Jishan is crying continuously." Priya on the other line said.

" I will just come." I stood up and saw my left arm was smeared with blood. I wiped the strains with my handkerchief and drove back home, not before casting a glance at the direction where Ishan vanished.

It's been 6 days, since I saw Ishan last time. Tomorrow is our Jishan's first birthday, I just hope that he doesn't miss it.

My baby was singing something in his baby voice, that I smiled at him and kissed his cheeks adoringly.

" What is baby singing?" I asked him in a baby voice, while pinching his cheeks. Moving his plump stomach, I smiled at him as he laughed.

" My Baby wants to be a singer?? What will he sing?" I further asked. He poked my eye, with his tiny fingers. Holding his fingers, I kissed his hand and legs.

He forwarded his arms for me to hold him, and I lifted him up in the air and then catched him. He was smiling like anything.

" Tomorrow is my Jishan baby's birthday. Yaay. We will cut cake and eat a lots of cream, and will dance sooo much." I clapped my hands, holding him in my arms.

We both turned our face as we heard the door knob twisting.

" Happy birthday my boy." Ishan entered the room and wished our baby. As I looked at the clock, it stroke 12 am.

He sat infront of me and kissed Jishan, who was in my arm. Ishan's arm rounded my back and he kissed my nose, after kissing our little bundle of happiness. Our baby clapped seeing us staring at each other.

" This is my decision for our relationship." Saying this he forwarded me an envelope and by this time, Priya too come inside our room.

Hey lovelies,

How are you ? Did you like the chapter?

What do you think is in the envelope?

Hope, you liked the update. Stay tuned for the next one.

I may be late for the update. My boards are way too near, so please bear with me. Be patient, please.

Do vote, comment and share. My sincere gratitude to each one reading and voting on the chapter. Thank you loads and lots. Love you too.

Love,
Biswa❤️