28 ~ Xenization

" We do what we are destined to,
The necessity being always potentially handled by fate."

Jia's POV

" Exchange the garlands." The judge said as we stood in the court for Vyom Bhai and Priya's marriage.

The marriage was soon accomplished in hustle- bustle. Mom and I arranged everything for priya's Griha Pravesh.

" Kick the pot with your right leg." Mom told her happily. She did and then entered the house in her red coloured feet. Seeking blessings from the deities, she went inside Vyom Bhai's room.

Without disturbing them, we all went into our room. It was 2 pm. As we skipped our lunch, we sat for lunch. But, we saw Bhai and Priya both well dressed as if they are going somewhere.

" Bhai and Priya, are you going somewhere?" I asked.

" Emergency in the hospital." They both said in the same time, and then shared a look.

" Look at their compatibility." I teased them, and Priya's eyes were wandering all over the floor.

" But, you both just got married today." Mom said. But, they being stubborn went away in separate cars. I felt as if their was something more to their marriage story.

The next morning, I wore a purple dress that reached a hand down my knees. I dusted light red colour on my cheeks and moisted my lips with blood- red matte lipstick. Arranging my hair on a ponytail, I moved in my car with my money purse towards the hospital.

" You've been runnin' round, runnin' round, runnin' round throwin' that dirt all on my name..
'Cause you knew that I, knew that I, knew that I'd call you up...
You've been going round, going round, going round every party in L.A...
Cause you knew that I, knew that I, knew that I'd be at one, oh.."

I was singing along with the song playing on my phone. Within no time, our hospital came into view. Saying 'hello' and 'hey' all in my way, I reached my cabin.

" Listen, send Ram inside." I asked the ward boy to bring the new patient to my cabin. Conducting various physcological tests on him, I reached to a conclusion.

Suddenly, something struck my mind. A quite similar case, like Ram. I immediately dismissed him giving him appropriate prescription.

" Thank you doctor." He said and went out. With my spectacles on my hair, I was thinking hard about that same thing.

" Ma'am, your shift is over for today." I heard the nurse say. I checked my clock and saw it was past my scheduled time to disperse. Holding my keys, I drove the car towards our house as I wondered what my baby would be doing. Though, I come to hospital for 5 hours, still I remain worried for him.

I pressed the break abruptly, as a man came infront of my car.

" Kya Bhai. Hatiye na.." I said him.
{ What bro?, go aside..}

He was constantly gawking at me, having no other option I went out of the car to face him. But, how wrong I was in making my stupid move.

As I stepped my foot out he held my hand, I was feeling disgusted with his touch. He was eyeing me with lust. His hand reached my arms and in order to protest his touch, he tore my sleeve. I saw around, It was completely deserted.

My sight fell on my phone. I tried to call Ishan, but he terminated the call like he does every time. My eyes were shedding tears, unable to find any escape from the hold of this jerk.

" You smell so good." His face was too near my face and he was about to rest his face on the crook of my neck. Unable to bear it anymore, I placed my palm on his face and pushed him away with all my might.

Sitting inside the car, I tried start the car but it didn't. I held my phone and tried to contact Priya, she received my call .

" Priya, a drunkard is after me. Come fast, please." I said hurriedly.

" Where are you?" She inquired.

" Near the hospital, where construction work is going on." Saying this, I discontinued the call and waited for her to rescue me.

That man was banging on the glass window again and again with a stone. Few seconds later, the window was broken into pieces. He was scattering his hand into the car to unlock the door lock. I jumped to the back seat and sat in a corner, clutching my knees close to my chest.

My heart beat lowered thinking about my crying Jishan, what would happen to him if anything happens to me. Will anyone even know that I am struck here?

In a swift motion, the car door opened and that man pulled my leg towards his direction. His fingers were playing with my hair and he dipped him head into my neck again.

This time, I couldn't protest as my hands were held up my head by his staunch arms. I could smell the alcohol originating from him. I kicked him where the sun doesn't shine, but in turn it aggregated him more that he gripped my hair tight.

The surrounding stilled with the sound of a clattering voice, I saw that man holding his cheek.

" Jia, It's fine... Come out." Priya patted my back lightly, as she helped me to get up.

She forwarded me a water bottle to wash my face. I did and then wrapped my apron around my body to hide the torn parts of my clothes. She rearranged my hair and I looked better.

" Thank you, I don't know what would have happened to me, if you wouldn't have reached on time." I expressed from the bottom of my heart.

" It's fine, Jia. How should I not come, when my younger sister is in danger? I couldn't save her, but I can't afford to lose you too. Don't shed these tears, you are alright." She said longingly. They was something more deep inside her eyes, that she vieled well.

I directly strolled to my room, reaching home with Priya. As I reached my room, my water dam burst into uncountable tear droplets.

" You know Priya, when a girl is in danger, she hopes her love, her husband would come to save her like a hero. But, he doesn't even have an inch of his time to pick up my call and just say, ' everything will be fine'... " I leaned to her shoulder and cried my heart out.

" And, he has like taken an oath that he won't be there for me, when I need him the most. What should I do to sort out our relationship, Tell me." I told in a demanding voice, as I was feeling suffocated in this marriage.

Hey people,
How are you? And, did you like the chapter? 😊

Happy Propose day everyone. May your lives be filled with love.

Hope you all live well.

Everyone, please read and vote for this book. Pleaseeeee....😍

Thank you for reading...💙

Love,
Biswa❤