27 ~ Solasta

" A bridge from despondency to joviality,
The pathways being led by the woods of love."

Ishaan's POV

" It was really, really blissful to be with you all. Thank you Jia, for you I met such wonderful humans. Now, I will leave. " Priya said as we gathered in the living room to disperse towards our workplaces. Jia was becoming emotional bidding her goodbye.

Priya hugged her and kissed our Jishan's cheeks. Our boy smiled and turned red all of a sudden, causing us to laugh.

We heard a different pair of baby sounds, as turned back we saw our 1 year and 7 months old, Sanju crawling towards us.

" Sanju..." Priya smiled while calling her name. Sanju held the edge of the glass table around her and stood up. She started to walk towards her. It was first time we saw her walking.

Bhai joined in the living room, hearing our voices and was thrilled to see Sanju walking.

Hearing his voice, Sanju fell down and started to wail louder. But,the next moment she padded towards Priya in a much faster pace.

Clutching the edge of the breadth of her kurta, she called out , " Ma Ma..."

The way turned his face, I feared it would break apart. That single syllable from her mouth shocked us.

The kids of her age, start to speak compound words by this time but for the first time she spoke something today. We were getting shocks after shocks.

Priya kneeled down to our cutie's level and kissed her head, while hugging her plump body. Wiping her tears, she kissed her inch long hands. She handed Sanju to Jia, and moved to the Main Door's direction.

As she was sitting in the car, Sanju cried calling " Ma Ma..." several times. Priya came back again, only to pick her up in her arms and kiss her yet again.

" Baby, good girls na don't cry. My Sanju is her Dad's good girl.. she will not cry at all. Priya will come to meet you day after tomorrow and bring lots of chocolates and toys for Sanju, hai na..." She was mumbling close to her as she continued playing with her neck chain and hair, snuggling her face in the crook of her neck.

She wore her, her neck chain and left from there, paying her a last glance and waving a bye to Jia and my parents. Her phone ringed, " Yes Pooja, I am just about to leave for airport. I guess, I will be in the hospital by 12 pm." She said and drove away with Niel.

As the car came alive, Sanju came out of her play with the chain and looked at the moving away Priya with her brilliant, glistening eyes.

" Sanju, Dada is here,baby..." Vyom Bhai, who was silent all the while expressed and both of them went to the garden area with teary eyes.

I reached to the office and drowned myself in the current task at hand, that was the recruitment of the new artists and their development. I planned not to go home tonight, I don't even think there's need of me there. Working hard for 13 hours, only to be ignored by my wife. It's a lot better to stay over here in my room, attached to my office.

The next day too passed by, but unwillingly I had to go home as I missed my chubby son's smile so much. As promised, Priya was at the door with lots of gifts for everyone of us.

" Where's Sanju?" As she told, Sanju came running to her, dropping here and there sometimes. Seeing that smile on her face, Bhai looked contented.

After a day long enjoyment she left, leaving our Sanju sad again with another date to come to meet her. I wished, I could say her , " Priya, come and live in our house for ever."

It's been a month, Priya has been coming over every now and then to our house to meet us. We have grew our bond too well. It was already evening, but Priya didn't show up as she told to come up to our place today.

The night too passed but she didn't came, we tried to call her but the network connection was poor from her side. Jia was worried too as she never something that carelessly.

" Did Priya pick up the call?" Dad asked Jia, but she shook her head in denial.

The door bell rang, we wondered who it could be. As I opened the door, I saw Niel, he looked as if he hasn't slept well since days.

" Come inside." I told him and he followed me in.

" Where is Priya?" Jia asked.

" Why didn't she pick up the call?" Dad asked.

" Why isn't she here with you?" Mom asked.

" So careless of her, if she was busy she could've just informed us, Sanju kept crying the whole day, waiting for her." Vyom Bhai muttered.

" Mr. Vyom, don't comment on someone's character, if you don't know anything about them." Niel said while controlling his anger hard. He looked red like a hot metal rod.

" You are saying her careless, who asked about your daughter, the time opened her eyes after 2 days. She is the one, who sent me here to apologise you all not being able to come on the date told. She doesn't belong to you, I don't even think she is your child's nanny. So stop saying the words as if she left her prime duty." Niel shouted a bit louder. Bhai remained silent.

" Opened her eyes after 2 days, what does that mean?" Jia asked him.

He said after a long sigh, " Day before Yesterday late evening , she started to drive towards Uttarakhand from Uttar Pradesh as there were no flights due to the religious riot. But.." he took a pause, while closing his eyes.

" What happened to her?" Mom asked him.

" But, on the way she was hit by a truck. Fortunately, she was hit from a side so there are no major fractures. Her head is injured and two bones of her left arm are cracked. She was unconscious for last 2 days." He explained. Jia was worried so she asked Niel to take her with him, but we all decided to go. Bhai was ashamed too.

Priya was sketching something on her notebook, when we reached her cabin. She looked pale and weak. Still she smiled seeing us.

" Where is Sanju?" She asked and it grew Bhai's guilt more.

Jia placed Sanju on her lap and our cutie continued her playing with Priya's hair.

It's been a fortnight, Priya has been discharged. We compelled her to stay with us for the time being. It was afternoon time, lunch was about to be served when Vyom Bhai called Priya to talk something. We all were eager to know, what he has to talk with her. After sometime, they came out.

On the lunch table, they dropped the bomb.

" We are going to get married in 5 days." It was all that took all of us to gape at them with surprise. Niel chocked on his food.

Hey lovely people,

Here's another update... How is it??😔

Do comment and read if you like.🙏

Thank you everyone of you for 1.8 k reads, I am grateful to each one of you. Keep supporting me to write more.🤩🤩🤩

Keep voting and loving our JiShan.. This book just a few more chapters away from the end.🥺

Love,
Biswa❤️