18 ~ Elysian

" A thing as transparent as love,
That fills the void with the happiness of yellows and sorrows of blues."

Ishaan's POV

" Aunty, I was always grateful to my Ganpati Bappa for making me such a drool worthy man, but see how ill fated I am ?"

It's not even ten minutes of his arrival, but he has already initiated his drama and which is now on its peak. 'Drool worthy' seriously, that too infront of Mom.

" I tell you. You are a big criminal. How can you produce such a hot male species ? Even I want to marry him, what do I do now?" Rohit was wailing in my mother's arm like a bride, who is ready to bid a farewell to her family.

All the guests were laughing at him, which he cared the least. But, I was red in embarrassment.

" He is looking so hot in this vest and dhoti. What's my fault if he looks so tempting?" He continued rambling.

"Okay, stop it now. Otherwise, I will force you to marry a girl out of this crowd." Mom snapped at him, jokingly. But his cheery mood vanished, hearing the word 'marry'. His face was expressed. He just laughed and excused himself. Mom looked guilty as she marked his change of mood. She gestured me through her eyes to go and check on him.

There was some time left for the ceremony to begin so I followed him to know about his sudden change.

" What was that? What happened ?" I asked him casually.

" I don't know what is happening to me." He hugged me hard.

" What's the matter, Rohit?" I asked him sternly as now I was sure, something was strange, actually mysterious. Before he could answer, My Mom dragged me to the other side, where the ceremony was going to take place. All the married women rushed towards me like hulks and smeared turmeric paste all over me as if I was a drawing sheet and they were some sorts of artists. Leave that, which artist uses only yellow. Gross !

Rohit was constantly laughing so hard by my side, that I was sure by now that today I am going to attend his funeral. But to my dismay, those laughter stopped halfway and was replaced by an unusual stiffness of his muscles. Following his line of sight, I saw a beautiful girl wearing an orange suit, who was busy gossiping with Zara and Mishka.

That girl too stiffened as her eyes locked with Rohit. Being an attentive audience, I was calculating the possibilities of them being in love with each other.

" Hey beautiful lady!!" I exclaimed as that girl neared me.

" Hello Mr. To be bride, " she said with a glint of mischief in her beautiful almond eyes.

" Can I have the privilege to hear out the name of this lady?" I asked in my full on flirty mode. Why shouldn't I when I have this golden opportunity of teasing Rohit.

" Ayushi Oberoi. But, you can call me Ashi" she winked at me. I was stunned at her comeback. She would be a perfect for my dramebaaz Rohit.

" But listen, don't overthink about me so much. I know I'm close up types, but this girl would kill me if she gets to know you were thinking about me. Do you want to hurt a petty living being like me?" She pouted showing me a majestic picture of my girl, maybe it was of today's event. She looks so happy for our wedding. But the bitter memories of the past clashed with these happy ones, spoiling the fun.

She applied haldi on me , followed by Sona, Vyom, Rohit and others.

That was when the fun started. A Punjabi song was banging around in the atmosphere, rocking the ceremony. Rohit started his moves and was joined by the whole family crew. It was a lovely moment.