10 ~ Epiphany

Jia's POV

Who is this Zara ? Is she Ishaan's girlfriend ?

Exactly after a couple of minutes, a car parked outside our mansion and a girl of almost my age, wearing a white shirt and a faded jeans rushed out of the car. She looked hither and thither, until her eyes settled on Ishaan. She rushed towards him and checked his vitals.

" Ishaan, wake up. See, I am Zara. " She whispered with tears in her eyes, cupping his cheeks. Holding him up to hug him properly, she patted his back and patiently moved her palm on his back up and down in circular motion. After a while, Ishaan slowly opened his eyes, and hugged her. She kept whispering something to him in hushed voice, and he nodded.

I don't know why, but seeing him hugging that girl just made my heart restless.

"Everything was fine until day before yesterday, then why is he having a panic attack once again after whole 2 years ?" She asked Rohit. He just looked down, having no answers to her question.

Finally, he was back to normal. After that, Ishaan apologised us for the disturbances that happened because of him. Soon, he left with Zara and Rohit followed by Riteish Sir and ma'am. Just then I noticed that in this whole ordeal, Ronnie was not their with me. I was searching for him, when out of no where , he came back to me and we completed the other rituals of our engagement. Mishka, Ronnie, along with me rocked the stage with our moves on the beats of the popular trendy pop songs. Even my dadi joined us . It was a day of fun and frolic. After hours of fun and dance, we decided to call it a night. I slept immediately as the day had taken a toll on me.

The sun rays grazed my countenance and made me wake from the slumber. Being an early riser, it felt good to wake up, and admire the sun-lit garden still laying on the bed. I smiled seeing my engagement ring and my thoughts went back to Ronnie.

I decided to meet Ronnie and surprise him in his company. As I entered his cabin, what I saw wrecked my heart.

In my wildest dreams too, I never thought this sureprise of mine would give me the grandest shock of my life.

The two persons whom I trust the most were hugging each other. Clearing my thoughts and consoling myself that maybe, I was just jumping into conclusions I decided to hear their conversations.

"Ronnie, I love you. I can't do it anymore. Please, tell our truth to Jia. " Mishka was wailing so bad.

"Mish, you know I have been in love with you before I met Jia. You know I have to stay with her as I need money so badly and Jia can only help us out in earning it. " Ronnie said , leaving me gobsmacked.

"Please try to understand, Mish. You know, I love you more than anything. But, for my mother I have to do this." I could hear Ronnie's muffled voice. His head was resting over Mishka's shoulder, while the latter was in tears seeing him in despair and dilemma.

I scurried out of his cabin and then went to a nearby cafe. I had never felt such vulnerable in my whole life, tears were streaming down my cheek on their own. They had their reasons, but didn't they trust me enough to even once confide in me ? Or try making me understand their state of relationship ?

It's my damn heart, not a watch that they can mend it with a simple sorry. I need to find the answers.

It wasn't like I and Ronnie were having a love marriage, but still why would they keep me in dark ? Yes, I had started to trust him, and even have striked a liking towards Ronnie, but that doesn't mean I will want to have him against my bestfriend's happiness. Wiping my tears, I walked out.