26

Sorry again for the delay. I've been motivated to write, but I haven't been motivated to work on this one.

When I get to the crowd of other students, I immediately recognize where some of the students were from. I was never really into heroes, but I am smart enough and have a basic knowledge of the schools in Japan.

The Shiketsu students were proudly wearing at least their uniform hats. No one else seemed to be wearing anything that was a beacon of their school. I myself, was happy I didn't wear anything UA related. I knew I was already a target no need to make it more so with UA things on.

Everyone looks both excited and nervous. The energy continued to build until a tired looking man got on the stage.

His voice was so monotone it could have lulled anyone else to sleep, but not us. We were all too nervous and excited. He spoke into a microphone and detailed the first exam.

"This is the elimination part of your exam. Only 100 of you will pass this part of the exam." He said.

Slow murmurs filled the room of students. Some seemed distressed while others took it as a challenge.

"I'm tired so let's get this over with." The man started again. "Everyone will have three targets on their bodies. If all of them are hit by another student you fail the exam. These must be hit by balls that we provide. We will be tracking who hit who and the first 100 students to eliminate three others pass."

This is exactly the same thing that Bakugou told me they did, however it's three students now and not two...  I think. Maybe professors were instructed to tell students going in for exams that it's different.

A low rumbling snaps me out of my thoughts. I look around and notice that the walls are falling away. They reveal a giant arena that looks like a city. Things seem to be organized in a way that anyone's quirks would have an advantage in at least one area.

"Before we begin, meet with one of our volunteers and collect your balls and targets." The man says.

I look around the area hoping to find a person near a table. No such luck. Placing the targets is going to be a pain. I make my way towards a volunteer to ask for some assistance.

"Excuse me." I say as politely as I can. "Would you be able to help me place the targets?"

"No problem! Where would you like them placed dear?"

I take the time to think about the best placement and point to the three areas I think would work. She helps me place the targets and hands me my set of balls.  I make sure my water is filled and that I have a place to store the balls. Then I wait. Everyone seems to be taking the time to relax and maybe even come up with a strategy as we wait.

"Oh my God! You're Y/N from CATS aren't you?" A girl squeals as she runs over to me.

"Yeah that would be me." I reply and try my best to smile.

"I'm a huge fan! Also that video of you during that villain attack was amazing! I can't wait to see what you can do out there!" She smiles and others come up to me as well.

I get a lot of comments on how cool my quirk is. Lots of fake smiles from some of the students tell me they're plotting to take me out as soon as possible.

"Is your quirk really that combative? It seems like it's only distance." A guy states from the small crowd around me.

"You'll just have to wait and see won't you?" I reply.

"Your hand to hand sucked too. But I guess we'll just have to 'wait and see' won't we?" He sneered.

I rolled my eyes. This guy was really trying to get under my skin, but he would have to try way harder to succeed. "Yes you will. Good luck." Was my retort.

As luck would have it, everyone had finished and we were allowed to head into the town. A buzzer would go off telling us to begin.

As I walked the town I looked for the best area for me to use my quirk. Some students were following me. I guess they thought I'd be easy pickings. But they were sorely mistaken.

By the time the buzzer sounded I'd picked an industrial area with plenty of space for me to move. The students rounded on me. The guys from earlier had followed too and he smirked at me as he lunged.

I easily dodged the incoming attacks. Weaving in and out of the surrounding students. Someone lands a kick to my side, I fall to the ground, but roll as out of the way as I can. I see a ball wizz past me. If I'd have rolled any later it would have landed.

I jump back up and it seems they have decided to get more serious. How serious can a gaggle of students ganging up on one girl be though? It's not like getting me out would help all of them anyway. Only one.

I had wanted to wait to use my quirk, but by the time I was preparing to use one of my ultimate moves the ground started to reshape itself.

I heard a boom and a crack and a whole slew of other students came falling from the sky towards us. As they landed the the guy and his cohorts smile.

"Okay then. At least I can get my three. Leave her to me." The guy yells.

I roll my eyes. "Cocky much? You sure you can back that confidence up?" I ask.

This seems to make him angrier and he rushes at me. The students who had appeared created a mass of people. All trying to get at least one person out. Amidst the chaos quirks were being used. It was extremely hard to tell who was doing what. Not ideal.

And as we fought we heard numbers of student passing through the PA system. This seemed to make plenty of people more desperate.

The ground reformed knocking some students over and I had to do a flip over someone as they came barreling towards me. One of my targets was hit. Some of the students around me were taken out.

A wave of electricity came my way. I jumped just in time to not get hit. It knocked a guy out cold and the dickwad from earlier got all three of his targets.

"One down. How about you?" He sneered.