28

I had been warned there could be a "villain" attack during the exam, but what I saw was not what I had expected.

Endeavor, broke through a building, backed by a ridiculous amount of henchmen. "Prepare to die heroes!" He yelled.

Not gonna lie, Endeavor is scary on a good day, this, this was terrifying. He looked ready to murder anyone who tried to take him on. All we could do was protect the citizens. Which probably meant a fight.

"We need to make sure we've gotten everyone out of the rubble before a fight breaks out." I said to the crowd of fledgling heroes who were coming to see what was going on.

"Oh my god! Is that Endeavor?!" Someone screamed terrified. "How are we supposed to take him on?"

"We didn't pass to this round for no reason." I stated. "Can someone create a wall or blockage or something between them and the survivors?"

A dude stepped up in a full out Shiketsu uniform. "I'll separate us, but I won't be able to do it for too long. Does anyone think they can help take on Endeavor and his cronies?"

Most of the kids looked terrified, but I noticed a few who looked cocky enough to think they could take on the number one hero.

"If you can fight let's go. We should try and take out the henchmen, then Endeavor. Unless someone has powers that could counter him?" I stated.

Two dudes stepped forward. "We got Endeavor, you guys take care of the others."

We all nodded. "Be safe. Be smart." I said as we divided up into teams to go take out the henchmen.

I didn't spare a glance back at the two who said they could take Endeavor. I needed to focus on the others. I was teamed up with a guy who could make restraints out of anything. All we had to do was take a person down and restrain them.

We fought hand to hand with a few of the henchmen. I was not quite up to using a special move yet. We had to dodge sludge being fired from guns the henchman had and knock them out as quickly as possible.

"Not that I didn't need the hand to hand practice, but don't you have a move or something that can knock them on their asses?" My partner asked after we've taken down five guys.

"I needed to recharge. Let's get as many of them as we can in one area. I'll take them out okay?" I replied.

He nodded. "Hey losers! How many of you does it take to take out two kids huh?!" He yells trying to egg on the henchmen.

Somehow it actually worked and we start getting chased by like ten of them. As we ran we were getting a little winded, but we found the ideal spot.

"Get behind me. Unless you want to be knocked out too." My partner moved hastily out of the way and I let loose a "Lullaby". All ten henchmen hit the ground. "You've got about two minutes until they wake up. You think you can handle them?"

He snorted. "Not a problem."

After we'd finished we saw flames in the distance growing bigger and bigger.

"I guess they didn't have luck taking out Endeavor?" My partner guessed.

As we rounded a corner, we saw he was absolutely right. The two guys who were so confident they could take down Endeavor were running out of steam. They couldn't hold up their attacks anymore and instead of leading him away from the crowd they'd let him get closer.

"Shit..." I mumbled.

"Do you have another attack in you?" My partner asked.

"Dude... I can't take on Endeavor." I replied.

"You just took out ten guys yourself and organized a group of healers all with your quirk. I think you can."

"Is one of the side effects of your quirk, loss of brain function?" I mumbled out. My jaw was starting to kill me. The meds I'd taken weren't going to cut it. My voice was getting hoarse too.

"What if we found someone with a healing quirk? Then do you think you could do it?"

I considered it for a minute. "I'd have to get close enough to him."

Watching as Endeavor's flames grew we ran back to the first aid area. I sat down, Y/N came over to ask if she could help. My partner explained what we needed and they started talking to the others, hoping to find someone who could help.

"So it's not exactly going to be without side effects, but we found someone." Y/N told me dragging another girl along with her.

"Okay..." I croaked out.

"Geez this is worse than I thought. If I do this, you're going to need to be very careful. I can make you not feel the pain you're feeling, but if you're not smart about using your quirk you could damage your vocal cords. Do you understand?"

I nod. The girl put her hands on my head and the pain went away from my jaw. I tested my voice. "Can someone get me close to Endeavor?" It sounded okay. Not as strong as I'd like, but I'd have to deal.

"I can teleport you to him, but those flames are crazy hot. How close do you need to be?" Another Shiketsu student asked

Instead of using my voice, I motioned that I'd need to be right next to him. The best I could hope for with my exhaustion was a simple command.

"You're crazy! You're going to get burned."

I rolled my eyes and shrugged my shoulders. Even pointed to my hand as if to say, "I've had worse."

"Fine, but we'll need a healer on standby. Someone who can handle burns. You may not be feeling pain right now because of that girls quirk, but you will be later."

I nodded.

"Here goes."

One second I was standing by first aid, the next I was next to Endeavor, hellfire all around us. I activated my quirk and hoped it would work. "Stop!"

The flames died out and Endeavor looked at me confused. Realizing he wasn't in control of his body anymore he glared at me.

A buzzer sounded.

"The exam is finally over! Everyone who needs medical attention, there are professionals waiting. Well have your results shortly." The monotone voice stated.

"Kid how did you do that?" Endeavor asked.

I went to try and speak, but a wave of pain hit me. I passed out.