twenty-two

The morning was quiet, Ayaka and Hyunjin lounging in their bed while the view of  flurries coming down outside their window played like a scene from a movie.

Hyunjin's hand trailed its way through her long locks, the other one rubbing relaxing circles right where her neck met her back. Neither were paying much attention to the movie playing or the noises from outside their door as the other couples started to wake up.

They had gotten up early to have a video call with Ayaka's family, unaware that her older sister was going to be there and not just her parents.

To say Ayaka and her sister were different would be an understatement, the two girls were so far apart that opposites didn't do it justice.

Ayumi was 4 years older than Ayaka, and absolutely insufferable for the younger girl to be around at this point, especially if it was with Hyunjin.

Ayumi definitely had a little (*giant) crush on Hyunjin. She had been a fan of the group before Ayaka even knew who Hyunjin was, and when her younger sister had started dating him without even knowing he was an idol, Ayumi definitely resented her a little bit.

However that resentment was now in both girls, as Ayaka couldn't even mention her boyfriend to her sister without her making "playful" comments such as, "honestly not sure why he didn't choose the pretty sister" or "you should start dressing more like me, he probably just isnt attracted to you, ya know physically".

And no matter how many times the younger girl talked to her sister about it, Ayumi always insisted that they were just jokes and Ayaka was being dramatic.

But after the miserable video call they had just had, Ayaka was feeling even more insecure than usual.

She thought her parents might stop her sister from saying those type of things, but they just laughed and egged her on. Ayaka knew it wasn't on purpose and that if she told them it hurt her feelings they'd never do it again, but it still hurt.

"Do you think she's prettier than me?"

"What?" Hyunjin looked at his girlfriend, almost not believing what she had asked.

"Its just-"

She stopped, not wanting him to laugh in her face.

"Hey, you know you can tell me anything right?"

He lifted her chin up with his index finger, giving a reassuring look when their eyes met.

"It's like- one time i was talking about how we hadn't kissed yet and everything, because she's my older sister and she always gave me advice when we were kids, but she basically told me that it's because you were way out of my league and like, she's right but you're out of her league too. And then she told me that I should start dressing like her and acting more like a girl if I wanted you to be attracted to me and love me in a romantic-"

Her ramble was cut off by Hyunjin's soft lips, her brain not even having to think about it before kissing back, this one lasting much longer than any they had ever shared before.

When he finally pulled away her cheeks were flushed and he could swear her eyes had stars in them.

"What was that" her words were quiet, a breathless whisper after the attack.

"I love you. Just as you are, with your weird laugh, and your daily outfits that are just my outfits that you stole from me, and your weird thing for bubbles and the produce series" 

This wasn't how he planned on confessing his love for the first time, but he had been thinking it for a while and figured there wasn't really a wrong time to do it.

Small tears welled up in Ayaka's eyes and when she broke eye contact with her boyfriend they trailed down her cheeks. They weren't sad tears, she just felt so loved her body couldn't hold it in.

She buried her face into his chest, and he could feel the heat coming off of her face as well as the tears from her eyes as she mumbled a quiet "I love you too".

A huge smile broke out on his face as he squeezed her impossibly closer into him, loving the way she tightened her grip of his torso when he did so.

Lately there had been a lot of stress on the boys and their significant others, like there was some sort of tension going on between life and the couples. Everyone was on edge, sensing that something big was coming, and not sure that it was good.

It was nice for the young couple to escape for a while, basking in the love they had for one another.

Eeeeek im sorry for not having everyone in the last few chapters, I've been super busy but enjoy this lil chapter, theres a lot of drama coming up soon :)

("Soon" meaning whenevrer my teachers and coaches chill)