twenty-seven

The members were sat in the living room, each one on the floor around their leader who was in the center.

It had been about three hours since Eunbyeols escape and nobody really knew what to do.

The sun was setting now, and all Chan could think about was where she was. Surely she wasn't going to sleep in her car? Maybe she was seeing someone specific and could stay there. But the thought of her leaving him to go be with someone else sent Chan's head on a path he really didn't want to take.

So they continued to sit in the floor, no actual words or comfort being given, but the presence of all of his brothers and the atmosphere in the room was enough to keep him sane.

A soft knock was heard on the door and Chan flew out of his spot, fully convinced it was Eunbyeol.

The pain on his face when Shinhye's voice came through the wood instead was enough to shatter a heart, and Felix gently sat his friend back down in his spot before answering the door.

There were a few hushed whispers and then he returned alone, a large basket in his hands.

"It getting late, we should eat. The girls made food"

There were a few small smiles at the gesture but there was sadness in the unspoken thought of one being missing from the normal group.

"Yeah, you guys need nutrition"

It was one of the first times Chan had spoke, and of course it was to take care of his members.

"You do too, come in they made your favorite"

There was no fight put up as they all moved to the kitchen, the food being unpacked from the containers and quickly devoured by the hungry men.

"I'm gonna wash the dishes, why don't you head to bed"

They recognized it as a cry to be alone, as while Jisung tried to stop him, eventually the boys agreed and they all went to their rooms, each one stopping to give their leader a hug and remind him they'd be there if he needed anything.

The Australian slowly scrubbed out dish containers and silverware, stopping when he realized there was no towel to dry them with.

He remembered a set of slightly smaller towels being under the sink in the bathrooms, and decided to just go grab one of those.

He ignored the stab of pain in his chest when he saw some of Eunyeols things scattered around the room, and he had to look away from the framed photos of the two on the desk.

He turned all of his attention to the mission at hand.

Get a towel from under the sink to dry the dishes with.

If he started thinking about her now nothing would get done.

The doors swung open easily and the towels were in the exact place he remembered them. He reached in to grab the third one on the stack, because it was darker than the others and would be easier to clean after, only to hit something plastic when he tried to grab it.

He pulled his hand away, a questioning raise in his eyebrows as he moved the first two towels off of the stack to reveal what he had hit.

There, sandwiched in between the two towels as if someone had hidden it, and in fact it was a good hiding place, if Chan wasn't so particular about dishwashing towels, nobody would have found it, were three pregnancy tests.

He stared in horror as the realization hit, and he only checked one, a positive, before sinking back down on his floor.

It made sense. She had told him that she didn't want kids with his lifestyle, and now that she was pregnant she was running away so that she could give the baby a normal life.