nine

"We're out of scones"

A shout was heard from the front of the bakery and Shinhye let out a sigh when she heard.

"What does that mean?" Sohwa turned to the baker.

Since Sohwa didn't have a competition to play today and watching her practice the same game repeatedly wouldn't be very interesting, she got to go with one of the girls.

Seo only had a short shift today and then she was gonna be working on her story draft, which meant hours of endless silence or constant distraction if Sohwa tagged along with her.

So that left Shinhye and Luna, and Sohwa cringed thinking of all the physical activity she'd have to do at Luna's dance classes.

So here she was, staring cluelessly at the ingredients scattered all over the counter.

"It means we're making scones" Shinhye tried to make it seem exciting, but her smile seemed more like a grimace, and her jazz hands were droopy.

"Well you seem excited about it"

"I would rather die- I mean uh yeah"

The girls decided that the best way to make it not as horrible they should explain it to the cameras like they were hosting their own show.

"Hello and welcome to another episode of-" Sohwa talked into a plastic spoon before turning to Shinhye with wide eyes "shoot we forgot to name it"

"Uhhhh it's called uh Our Cooking Show" she once again did sad jazz hands and Sohwa laughed at her.

"Yes it's Our Cooking Show. You're here with Sohwa," she threw up a peace sign before moving the 'microphone' in front of Shinhye.

"And Shinhye!" She threw up another peace sign, glad that Sohwa seemed to be having a good time with her.

"Okay so tell us Head Baker Shinhye, what are we doing today?"

Shinhye tried her best to respond with the same enthusiasm.

"Well today we are going to be cooking like chef's-" they put their faces together in front of the camera"-we are five star Michelin's"

The cameramen were having a hard time holding their laughter in as not to shake the camera, and both girls felt extremely accomplished at the response to their "show".

Shinhye got out all of the things they would need, separating out materials for 1/4 of a batch for Sohwa so that if she totally butchered it there wouldnt be a problem.

"Okay so we're going to start by-"

Shinhye expertly explained the recipe and how to cook the scones, while Sohwa was struggling in the background.

Her butter wouldn't incorporate, then she put too much milk in, her batter literally looked like water for a solid thirty minutes.

"Alright time to try these babies" Shinhye pulled three large trays out of the oven.

They both split one of Shinhye's, dramatically explaining how delicious they were.

"So soft, so fluffy"

"Like God himself created them out of clouds.. But like if clouds had blueberries in them"

Then they grabbed one of Sohwa's, splitting it in half and giving nervous glances to the camera.

"Here we go" Sohwa screws her eyes shut as she takes a bite, before chewing slowly.

"What the-" both girls eyes shoit open and they stare at each other in shock.

"HOW ARE THESE SO GOOD??? IS THIS WITCHCRAFT?? YOU PUT LIKE HALF A CUP OF SALT IN THEM.. WHY DO THEY TASTE SO GOOD?!?"

Sohwa laughed at Shinhye's response, flinging her hand as if she were flipping her hair, which was in a ponytail right now.

"Literally take my job. You can have it"

The girls laugh as they start taking the pastries out time the display case, both feeling like they had gotten closer from their scone adventure.

Adventure.

That was exactly what Seo's book was missing. Rereading the same page for what felt like the hundreth time, she shook her head before letting out a loud groan and plopping her head onto her desk.

"Why does it sound so boringggggg?" She yelled to nobody in particular, staring into thin air as the wheels in her head turned at super speed, searching for any way to spice it up.

Her head shot up, an excited look on her face as she touched her fingers together like an evil witch.

"I'm soooo gonna kill that character off"

Then she was back to work, silently typing into the document, occasionally doing some research on negative energy and searching up words that alluded her.

Much less silently, Luna was teaching a group of 13 preteens a hip hop routine. She had learned the choreography from their choreographer 2 days ago and was now trying to get it drilled into their heads before the their competition in 2 more days.

"YES NARA SLAY OKAY AND 7,8 HIT THAT POSSÉ NO SICKLED FEED. PERFECT NOW POINT POINT POINT"

To anyone watching from the outside it would look like she was mad at them, as she stood in the corner yelling and clapping her hands.

"Okay so when you do that forward aerial, your hips aren't fully turning... I want you to watch what my hips do okay"

Luna was the only assistant that was able to give the girls actual examples of tricks and jumps because she was the only one that still did competition.

"Yes perfect!!! Good job ladies.. Let's run it one more time and then I wanna hear about everyone's day ok?"

 Let's run it one more time and then I wanna hear about everyone's day ok?"

1k views

I have a third chapter in my drafts but it's way too long to finish tonight

I have a third chapter in my drafts but it's way too long to finish tonight.... I'm sorry for not updating these last few days and I'm super busy this week but Wil try my best to get more up... THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR BEING SUCH ANGELS <3