twenty-four

"Does that mean-"

Eunbyeol stared at the tests with wide eyes, silently begging Areum to say something.

"Hey, dont freak out, false positives are just as likely as false negatives, if not more. The best way to be sure is to go to a doctor"

"Yeah, okay"

Without realizing it Eunbyeol had backed away from Areum, starting to feel uncomfortable being so close to the older girl.

Sensing the shutdown that was starting, Areum quickly tried to bring her back.

"Hey don't freak out okay? You can tell Chan and then go to the clinic tomorrow, fast and easy."

Upon seeing the look on her face she backtracked once more.

"Or dont tell Chan, I can go with you, just the two of us, I swear I wont tell"

"You promise?"

"I absolutely promise," she shook her head emphatically as she tried to convince the younger girl, "we can make an appointment right now"

"I'll do it, the guys will be home soon so can you just send Chan up to our room when he gets home"

"Yeah, of course, anything"

Eunbyeol turned and walked out, Areum proud that they had avoided a breakdown, completely oblivious to Eunbyeol getting out a suitcase from under the bed she shared with her boyfriend, hurriedly shoving as much as she could fit into it and practicing her speech for when the same man joined her in a few minutes.

There was a sound of gravel crunching under tiees, and Areum sped down the stairs, quickly hiding the tests under the sink counter.

A few moments later the two boys entered the house, Minho's smile quickly dropping when he saw the stressed out look on his girlfriends face.

Not close enough to the girl to recognize the slight nerves in her voice and the panic in her eyes, Chan continued smiling, shrugging his shoulders and heading up the stairs after being told he was wanted by Eunbyeol.

Minho quickly rushed over to Areum, dropping the shopping bags in his hand as she slumped her body into his, hand rubbing her back as he asked her what was wrong.

"I can't tell you"

"What? Of course you can tell me, what's wrong love? Im sure everything's fine okay?"

"I- I dont think it is" her voice wavered and a noise was heard from upstairs, running feet following shortly after.

"Hey we're home! And the maknae crew came to visit!!"

The rest of the group entered, Areum quickly removing herself from her boyfriends arms and ushering everyone into the living room, unsure of what was about to happen with the two upstairs.

Banging was heard on the stairs and a very frazzled looking Eunbyeol came running down, suitcase hitting the steps as she drug it behind her.

"Byeol?" Areum called out, everyones head turning only freaking the girl out more.

"I can't, I can't do it" her voice was panicked and quiet, and her hair was sticking up from running her hands through it in stress.

She continued her journey past the stairs, half running to the door, a very distraught Chan chasing after her.

"Byeol wait, stop" Areum called, but the girl was too far gone.

The door slam didn't stop Chan, the distressed leader throwing the door open, chasing even as her car pulled out of the drive and took off.

There was a silence over the whole house as everyone stared at the door, confused yet still observant enough to know that whatever was happening wasn't good.

"What the hell just happened?" Sohwa muttered quietly, still in shock.

Areum was still staring at the open door, completely lost at what had gone wrong between when they had last talked and whatever had just happened.

Her body eventually catches up to her mind, and her feet carry her towards the front door.

She wishes she had stayed inside after seeing Chan in the driveway, it looked like his legs were barely holding him up and tears streamed down his face as he stared at the spot Eunbyeol's car had disappeared from.

"Chan?"

She called his name but he didn't turn around, there was no movement to indicate he had heard her, he just kept staring.

"Do you want to talk to one of the boys?"

She knew they weren't close enough for him to talk to her, and if he wanted to talk to anyone right now it'd be his little family.

Again, no response came, and she figured he just wanted to be alone.

"Okay, well I'll send the youngers back to their house, and we'll leave you alone for now"

He finally moved, a short nod of the head, just enough for Areum to catch it.

She headed back in the house, only to be met with seven concerned boys, looking like they were about to run her over to get to their friend.

"Guys, I think he wants to be alone right now"

A few opened their mouths like they were about to fight her, but she quickly cut them off.

"I told him we would leave him alone. He needs time to process what just happened"

"What did just happen"

"I don't really know, honestly I don't think he does either"

The boys refused to go back to the other house, insisting that they wanted to be there when he got inside.

"Maybe it's a good idea, they've basically grownup together, if anyone can make him feel better it would be the boys"

Areum sighed, but at this point she didnt think there was any way to change their minds.

"Okay, we'll go over to the other house"

Areum made sure to give very specific directions to Minho to NOT LET ANY OF THE BOYS OUT. She made them all promise to only talk to him when he came inside and asked to talk to them.

And with that, the girls all left to the other house, sitting in awkward silence, trying to ignore the very noticeable person missing from their normal eight.

And the plot thickensssss
the next chapter (or two) is Twitter
so there will probably be another
update tonight or soon at least :D