Sleepless ~ Quackity

Your head hurt, not like it would hurt if you had a headache or a concussion of some sort. the type of pain you get from thinking about too many things, worrying about each and every one of them. Your mind had not given you a break in quite a while, after the break up you hadn't been able to sleep. Shutting your eyes just brought back memories of him, and you didn't want to relive those. so you kept yourself busy with work, fixing everything and everything. While the civilians thought you were a great ruler, behind the palace walls everyone was worried for you.

A slight knocking on the door pulled you out of your work, humming a response to let them know it was okay to come in

"Your highness, I brought you some tea and cake" The maid gently placed everything on your desk, careful not to spill the tea.

You lifted your head only for a moment to say thank you before turning your attention back to your work. When the maid didn't leave you looked up to dissmis her.

"You can leave now, thank you"

She didn't move, rather she looked down at you

"Your highness, we think it's time to take a brake. It's been three days and the most you've slept is thirty minutes every eighteenth hour."

You paused she was right, but you had no intention of stopping.

"I will take that into consideration, thank you and you may go back to your chamber for the night"

You smiled, trying to reassure her that everything was okay. When you were sure she was gone you opened your book back up scribbling down every idea you had that would improve the castle...

~ ~ ~

It was only half an hour later when your mother peeped her head in to the room, you hadnt even noticed at first.
Tapping her fingers against the door frame to aware you of her presence before pushing the door open all the way to allow herself in.

"Honey?"

You looked up at her, already knowing what she was going to say to you. Bracing youself for impact you nodded to let her know she could continue.

"Good work recently, I'm very proud of you"

"Pardon?"

That is not what you though she was going to say, for the past two days she had been telling you to take a break, go to sleep, find someone else and move on. You hadn't taken the advice and you had never had any intention to, so for her to say this.

"You're not going to tell me to go to sleep or move on?" You questioned

"No, I belive if you can handle it then you're doing a good job. Its also showing the kingdom you can rule alone, so in time you might not need to be married"

You were grateful for that, more than grateful. You had never dreamed of a white wedding and a prince charming, it was stupid. Well you had once but that wasn't going anywhere, as much as it hurt to admit.

"Yes! Thank you mother!"

She nodded pulling you in for an embrace, before opening her mouth to speak. She hesitated, peicing the words together carefully before coming up with a sentance

"Someone has requested a meeting, they'd like permission for a building. Shall I send them in?"

Nodding, you agreed.

~~~

"Your grace, Sir Q is here."

Your heart stopped, skipped a beat in fact. For a second you thought that maybe he'd be here to fix things

"What, what on earth for?"

"To talk about buying land"

You were wrong

"Oh"

When your mother I told you that someone was coming in to ask for permission to build a building you I thought of someone more professional than him.

"Oh, yes. Send him in"

As he walked in you can tell he had changed more in 3 days after ending your, relationship then he had in the whole 2 years of you being together.

"Good evening. please sit, let's talk. You want to buy 100acres of land?"

You pull yourself together pushing away your feelings. Your professionalism scared him, you guessed your thought you were going to ask for him back straight away or stop crying and breakdown and his arms.

"Yes for now, I'll purchase more later if that's possible"

You tried to keep it to yourself, Of course he wants more, more, more more.

"We'll see when we get to that, now for what purpose do you need this land?"

"I'm building a casino..."

What. The. Fuck. You wanted to slap him right then and there

"You're kidding. You actually want to go through with this."

"Yes."

"Right. Well there's spare land in the federal feilds behind lake devon"

"I was hoping I could take the free land behind the evoland orphanage.. seeing as it's shutting down in 6 months anyway. You can move them when I buy more land"

"You want to build a casino behind a children's orphanage. But not only that you want me to relocate them early, because-

You are so many feelings none of which you should not have let out but you couldn't help it he was such a selfish idiot

"Because youre a spineless loser who takes off at a chance to change the fucking world, make bags full of cash for what!"

You should have stopped there but you didn't you kept pushing your feelings, you expected a reaction from him but he just stood there staring, accepting what you were saying.

"You suck, you're nothing and I'm glad you left. I've pulled myself together and my country is blooming so screw off and build your casino somew-"

Words to were saying seemed  to fail you, you couldn't make out the rest of. your sentence you still had so much more to say.

"Somewhe- els..."

"Woah what the fuck"

Your knees suddenly buckled under the weight of your body, you fell, you could feel yourself falling but you had completely passed out before you hit the floor

"HEY"

"Hey, Hey, what happened"

Quackity ran down beside you, pulling your head onto his leg to check if you were conscious

"Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit

You weren't

"GUARDS HELP"

He turned back to you 

"You're okay, I've got you. I've got you"

Maybe he wasn't such a selfish idiot

A/N
I've been asks to turn the Karl imagine into a full sorry, I actually love that idea so I'm going to be doing that as well as this :)