Wilbur ~ Close your eyes

Inspired by almost home ~ mxmtoon

"Will, do you know how much longer it'll be before we get home?"

He pulled his eyes off the book he was reading and turned his attention to the driver, tapping on the glass window separating the driver from both of you. The window slowly rolled down leaving a mediocre gap for him to talk to the driver through.

"Could you check how much longer the drive is, please?"

The driver looked down at the GPS, pressing a few buttons as he searched before spraking out

"About 3 hours sir, but with traffic it could be up to five hours. Did you need a break?"

The driver spoke to him, every now and then flicking his eye line up to make eye contact with Wilbur through the mirror.

"No we should be okay for a while, thank you, uh-"

"Frank"
He smiled at wilbur answering the question before it had needed to be asked.

"Ah- Well thank you Frank, we'll be sure to ask if we need you"

Frank nodded and turned his attention back on to the road, Wilbur pulled away from the window before closing it promptly. You had already heard the conversation so there was no need for him to repeat the answer Frank had given you both. You didn't want to be in the car a minute longer than you already had been, you loved Wilbur bland trusted the dicisions he made for his country. But him making dicisions about your family life was something completely different, you loved your family but you had moved away for a reason. Wilbur taking you to visit them was not his choice.

"Just close you're eyes"

Your head shot up in surprise by the sudden break of silence.

"I'm sorry?"

"We'll be home soon, you should rest before we get there"

Wilbur didn't even make eye contact with you as he spoke, his gaze never breaking from the words on his book.

"We're not going home will."

That made him look.

"I'm not even going home."

You knew that was a bit too harsh, you didn't mean that. Your home was now back at the palace with Will, not your old country house that you grew up in. Wilbur sighed placing his bookmark in his book before gently closing it, trying hard not to show any anger he might have. Unknowingly to you he wasn't mad, not in the slightest. Not mad at you anyway, mad at whatever had to have happened to you to make you never want to go back to your home town.

"Why won't you tell me what's wrong?

He genuinely cared and you knew that, but no matter how much you trusted him you couldn't find it in yourself to tell him.

"Cause there's nothing wrong I'm just anxious"

"You know you can talk to me, right"

While you may know he's always there for you, the answer seemed to you right now like a no. But you didn't want to upset him.

"Yes, I know. And if I need to I will, but right now I don't need that"

"Sorry, I know you're here. Thank you."

An akward silence grew over the car, looking out the window to clear your mind. You didn't want to think about anything anymore, you just wanted to sleep until you arrived. Wilburs voice stopped that thought,waking you up slightly more.

"What are you looking at?"

"Nothing really, just the people on the streets."

His face scrunched up for a second, in annoyance or confusion, whatever it was it hurt for some reason.

"Oh, sorry. You looked like you were thinking about something important"

"Well I technically am, everyone's important. Even the strangers we pass by, they all have their own complex lives that I'll never know anything about"

He looked away, considering your words for a second.

"Oh, I guess you're right"

Silence filled the car once again, only this time it was much less awkward. It was a forced silence. You turned your attention to the floor of the car, trying to hold your tears in as your emotions came crashing down all at once. You didn't even know why you were crying, but you let it happen anyway.

"You know you don't have to co-"

Turning to face you, the realisation of the tears welling in your eyes cutting him off from the rest of his sentance .

"Hey..."

Shuffling over to pull you into a hug, letting go of the argument he was so intended to finish. Brushing his hands through your hair, trying his best to console your worried mind.

"I'll be okay"

"I know..."

You wrapped your arms around him, as best you could in the small space of the car, resting your head on his shoulder as you let the rest of your tears out.  Feeling safe knowing Wilbur wouldn't judge you, letting yourself rest for the first time in months.

A/N
Sorry if there's any mistakes, I'm not full of ideas for this imagine book right now. But I will keep posting, I'm also writring a hunger games OC book right now, if you wanna check it out