Ophelia Pt.2 ~ Wilbur

FIXING SPELLING AND MISTAKES TOMORROW, JUST UPDATING THIS FOR YOU ALL NOW

"Mum..."

Slowly opening your eyes, taking a moment to adjust to the bright lights around you. Through your squints you could see your mother jump forward at your voice

"Oh thank god!"

Leaning in, stroking your hair in an attempt to comfort you.

"Hey Sweetheart.."

It was always the moments like these that you felt okay with her being around, sometimes you hated her, but when it was this.. it was perfect for the two of you.

"The ice broke and you fell into the lake, do you remember that?"

"Um, yes.. I do"

How could you forget, the rest is blurry, but of course you remember the fall

"I told you not to go out by yourself"

Smiling through her tears, making it feel like mmore of a silly mistake then a near death experience. You didn't mind though, you didn't want it to become something bigger.

"You're very lucky Shailene and Wilbur found you when they did or.. we dont need to go into details"

"Thank you Shailene"

Turning to your maid who only nodded kindly, the small wells of tears in her eyes let you know she cared. You knew she cared, she was basically your best friend and you

"When you're feeling upto it, im sure Wilbur deserves a thank you too"

You wished to remember exactly what had happened after you hit the water, but you had immediately been knocked out and you were sure no one would tell you exactly what happend.

"Of course mother"

What did Wilbur have to do with what happened last night. Although you had so many questions you thought it was better to ask after things had died down a bit more. The town would be talking about it for a few days, rumors and storys would spread, but in the end it would work out.

After a while you remembered one last thing, one of the reasons you had left the dinner in the first place.

"What about Prince Nevadas?"

"He sends his best wishes, they'll come and visit when you're up to it."

You didn't particularly want to see him again, especially not after last night. Maybe if you were lucky all last nights drama may scare him away.

"Right.. yes"

"I'm so glad you're okay"

Resting in your mother's company, you felt glad, glad you were still here with her.

.•°♡°•.

"Hi"

"Good afternoon."

Walking into Wilburs office you felt your heart get stuck in your throat. He stood looking out the window, not turning around to greet you. You let out a breath you didnt know you were holding as you spoke to him. You spunded a lot calmer than you had intended to, as if what had happened was nothing.

"I wanted to apologize for causing such a panic last night.. it wasn't my intention"

Turning his head over his shoulder, not making eye contact, it felt like a move of intimidation.

"Was it not though?"

"Pardon?"

Taken aback by the bluntness in his voice and the claim he had made, you paused.