Time ~ Karl

"Your highness, please come quickly... it's Karl"

All thoughts of the ball dropped from your mind as it filled with dread.

"What! What's wrong with him?"

Of course, you were worried about him. Though Karl wasn't really your boyfriend, you both loved each other and had for a long while now. You wished more than anything that you could be with him, and maybe someday you could. The only thing stopping you was him, as much as you loved him he had to fix a few things before you could ever consider letting him rule the kingdom with you. You reached the door to the main lounge and remembered you asked a question just in time to tune back into the conversation.

"-He's been frantically searching for you, he said you- never mind you should talk to him"

She moved her arm to open the door, but you stopped her pushing on with your question

"Yes, but do you know why he's so upset?"

The maid opened her mouth to speak but left you without an answer, She pushed the door to the main lounge room open to reveal where Karl was sitting. In no less than 5 seconds Karl had wrapped you up in the biggest hug he'd ever given you. You instantly melted into him and you could feel his body relax at your touch.

"Oh thank god, I thought yo- You were g-gone"

You just laughed, you couldn't help it. You had only left for two and a half hours and Karl had already gone mad.

"I was, only for a bit though. We were just setting for the ball tomorrow. Have you picked out a suit yet? If you're still going with me of course, it's fine if you d-"

You paused when he started shaking and you couldn't understand why until you realised he was crying.

"Karl, what's wrong?"

You pulled away from him and head his face in your hands to meet his eyes, searching for an answer as he started speaking. You could barely understand him before he composed himself and tried again.

"You're not going, we cant go, we- you arent going to the ball. You can't, its dangerous. I- I saw you, you'll di- you just can't go okay?"

"Karl, what do you mean. We have to go" You stoped and corrected yourself "I have to go"

"No you don't underst-stand, If you decide to go.. you-yo.. you'll

"Karl you're scaring me, just tell me"

"You'll die."

He turned away instantly as he realised  he had raised his voice and started crying again. You stopped. You're heart had skipped a beat before it doubled it's pace and soon you're eyes matched with Karl's as they watered up and tears started streaming down your face too.

"no."

You spat out

"No?"

"Why on earth would you say that."

You're breathing speed up as you started to panic, you knew you shouldn't panic and that he was just having another episode but you couldnt cope anymore.

"Because I saw it, i told you i can do that. You said you believe me and i promise I'll take you with me this time and I'll take c-"

"No, fuck you karl. I let it go before but i cant anymore"

You took a deep breath as everything came flooding back, him disappearing randomly, coming back looking and acting completely different and always with a new crazy fantasy. You snapped, you couldn't stop yourself

"You disappear for days on end, Make up these crazy stories and now you're telling me you saw me die! You're freaking me out and I can't rule a kingdom with someone who does that, no matter how much I want to Karl. I cant deal with you anymore!"

"It's the time, no you- Understand me and listen..."

You cut him off, not wanting to hear about whatever excuse he had made up this time

"You listen to me, I can't keep letting you get into my head and say these things that scare me and I hate to say it but I can't keep pretending to believe you..."

"You- don't believe me?"

His voice cracked as he spoke, and he stopped moving, speaking and crying. You had broken him, in no more than ten words you had broken him. You pushed on

"No, not anymore. I can't believe you would even say that... You know how important this is to me"

You wiped your tears as they fell trying to keep your composure and not falter under his gaze, looking at you with torn eyes.

"Please, I-"

"I think it's time for you to leave.."

You cut him off, not even wanting to meet his eyes anymore and knowing that if you did you're heart would shatter into a million peices all over again. As he spoke nothing moved, and he barely mumbled out a comprehensive sentence

"Please I love you..

"And I love you too, so when you've changed I'll be waiting. But I can't love you until then"

You shuffled over to the door and pulled it open, insinuating to him that it was time to go.

"Wait ple-

"Karl, don't make me call the guards and leave before it gets worse"

"I-

The look on your face was enough to stop him. He bowed his head, accepting that there was nothing more he could say in the moment. You didn't believe him, as much as you wished you could. The look in his eyes was something that's would hold onto you forever. He wasn't angry nor upset at you, He was scared for you.

"I'll save you, I promise"

You watched him walk away as he took one final glance back at you before turning down the hallway. Small sparks of green and purple flying came out of where he left, but you knew your tears were playing tricks on you.

A/N ~ sorry it's been so long, I post motivation. I know this is short and not put together well but I liked the idea, I might make a part 2 if it needs one.
Also please correct any mistakes I made!