Karl ~ Time Part.2

"I'll save you, I promise"

You watched him walk away as he took one final glance back at you before turning down the hallway. Small sparks of green and purple flying came out of where he left, but you knew your tears were playing tricks on you.

~ ~ ~

It hadn't even been a week since Karl had left and you missed him like crazy, the guilt of what you had said was getting to you. You kept replaying the fight over and over in your head to find more things you had done wrong, only pushing forth the ache in your stomach caused by the crushing anxiety. Not only from the ball tomorrow, but because you were certain you had given the final push that sent Karl away forever.

"I'm sure he'll turn up eventually, he always comes back"

Looking to your maid, Leah, you heard what she had said but didnt take it in. You couldn't belive her, Karl wasn't going to come back after what you had said.

"No you weren't there, I was utterly awful to him."

"If you were, I'm sure you had every right to do so"

Rethinking once again, replaying the fight in your head. You were still stuck on the idea he hated you.

"I don't think so"

Leah started to brush your hair as she waited for you to confide in her once again, saying the same things you had said for the past 6 days since Karl left. Still giving you her undivided attention and then calming you down as best she could.

"What of he's right, what if I go to this ball and I die... or I go and something terrible happens and it's all because I didn't listen to him."

You tried to look up at her but she gently pushed your head forward, snapping you out of your spiral.

"Too much silly talk"

Working your hair into a braid as she hummed to you. Finishing up your hair she sat down in front of you, taking your hands in hers she said the perfect thing for the sixth time this week.

"They're sending out extra guards tomorrow and everyone's on high alert. Nothing is going to happen, but if it does we're prepared"

"Okay.. thank you"

She smiled to you, a pity smile even though she tried to hide that. Getting up a pulling the covers of your bed before walking towards the door.

"Now just rest, you've got a big day tomorrow"

Smiling to you again, she left, leaving you to by yourself. The days without him made it nearly impossible to sleep, letting your mind take over as you stared up at the ceiling waiting for sleep to take you.

For Karl it had only been a few hours, but he felt the same guilt and anxiety that you did.

"Goddamn"

The books he had kept for months on end in sporadic piles around the inbetween. The answers he sought out had to be in at least one, the desire to change the timelines running around in his head as he skimmed each page, finishing the books only to toss them aside and start on a new one.

"I can't fix it, I have to"

Letting the image of your death take over again He tried to push it aside, it wasnt real. It hadn't happened and he wouldn't let it happen. Trying to push it aside only brought on more memories of you, setting him into a state of panic.