George ~ last mistakes

Dancing through the halls to the lounge, the music from the ball still lingering in your mind keeping your spirits high as the events of the night play on loop. Sitting down on the sofa pulling your shoes off, you finally felt comfortable.

You had immedently agreed to go to the ball with George as soon as he asked, you arrived together but got separated around an hour in. He had business to discuss so you found your own way around the hall, getting acquainted with new people and making friends. One person in particular had caught your eye, Lord Nevada's. You both became inseperable at the ball, dancing and having fun the whole night. Of course you had hoped George would come and ask for a dance but he had disappeared and you wanted to make the most of the chance you had.

Reminiscing on every thing that had happened you didn't notice George's carriage had arrived back until you heard you heard the doors to the lounge burst open and him storming in.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

The anger on his face left you shocked, you didn't understand what had made him so angry or why he was taking it out on you.

"What happened?"

"What kind of a display was that?"

As he stomped around the room, pacing back and forth his voice still became louder and louder

"What are you talking about?"

Turning your head to the side as he stepped closer in intimidation, you weren't afraid though. In fact you found it quite funny, only because you were still so confused about where this anger had come from.

"I saw you and Lord Nevadas acting like newly weds the whole dance, I may As well have invited Miss Rose instead."

"Excuse me?"

Finally understanding what he was getting at you snapped back. If he had wanted you to stand by his side all night he should have asked, you would have been dissapointed but you would have obliged.

"Oh come on, don't act all innocent now. You havent all night so why start now."

Tears building in your eyes, you were a sitting duck as he threw more and more words at you that didn't make sense. He had invited you to accompany him to the ball as no more than a friend. You had spent time making new friends and you thought that would help him, if anything it would give him more partners to talk business with. You thought you had done right by him.

"You invited me as a friend, I had no obligation to stand with you all night"

"I did not say you did, though I think that the person I invited, hanging out with another man the whole night makes me out to be quite an embarrassment"

Laughing in astonishment you stood up, turning away from him as he stared down at you in disgust. An embarrasment he was.

"Maybe next time ask me to dance, save me the trouble of dealing with this afterwards"

You were more upset that your wonderful night had been ruined. The first night in weeks that you were smiling ear to ear had come crashing down at your own expense.

"Don't blame this on me, you could have held it together for longer than five minutes."

"It's normal.."

"It's dishonorable"

Shaking his head as if he was disciplining a child. You could only wish you were a child in this moment, to run away to your mother and have her console you as your father would defend your name.

"Honestly, I didn't invite you to have fun. I needed a date to impress the Duke and you knew that."

You hadn't known that, no-one had told you that. More importantly he hadn't told you that, if it was such big deal to him than he should have been more responsible.

"I'm sorry but you can't honest-"

"What? you had one job"

This was so much more than what you had agreed to, he asked you to a dance not to a business meeting. You were not his assistant you were his friend.

"And what exactly was that."

"Make me look good, you made me look a fool."

Stepping back to gain space between the both of you, you tried once again to defend yourself knowing it would only be turned against you. Wishing for him to just listen so you could properly work the miscommunication out, he wouldn't let it be.

"Well sorry. I didn't mean to, I just wanted to have f-"

"Fun. I know what, everyone knows you just want to have fun."

Standing closer to you now, his voice now toned down to a condescending whisper. To you, this was so much worse than yelling.

"Next time you want to have fun again, make sure the Lord of Nevada's knows just how many people you've claimed to have 'fun' with."

Catching the sly hint he had thrown, he had basically called you a slut and you wouldn't hear it. That was a new low, even for George and you would rather die than give in to someone who thinks name calling is a way to win an argument. He got to it first, kicking you out of his home.

"I expect you to be out of here in no more than ten minutes"

Picking up your shoes you resisted the urge to throw them at his head.

"That's no problem, I'll be out in five."

Storming out of the lounge, not bothering to put your shoes back on you called the maids to get you a carriage. You were out of there in no more than five minutes, holding on to your pride knowing that in the end he would realize it wasn't any of your doing.

In the end he did realize you had done nothing wrong. After talking to his buttler he would realize that the biggest mistake he had ever made towards you, was his last mistake