Chapter 12 - Scrapped

"I-I thought you only had one sister?!" Jodie asks.

"I'm not biologically related to them. Besides, I'm not an actual person. I don't exist in anyone's database since my parents didn't even register me before they were killed." Hitsuki adjusts her wig. "I'm going to need you two to keep it a secret though. That boy and his family aren't allowed to know we're related."

"H-how come?"

"I grew up next to them. Do you think they want to suddenly find out that I'm related to Shu?" Hitsuki laughs. "So? Why did you bring me if I was going to be extra baggage?"

"If you had stayed, you would've almost certainly gone over for a drink while we were cornering Bourbon" Akai speaks.

"Oh come on, I got drunk at your place once. Once."

"And I managed to figure out that you were my sister based on that one time alone" Akai sighs.

Hitsuki grumbles. Jodie and Camel blink at their conversation. "I managed to confirm that you were my brother just based on your speech pattern and build. Not to mention you stole my kill with that man from the military. I went over to your place to drink only because of that."

"I didn't kill him," Akai notes. "I only sniped the gun from his hand"

"I wanted to shoot him!" Hitsuki whines and Jodie can't help but think she's acting like a child with him. "Besides, does Chi-chan and Su-chan know?"

"I'd prefer to keep mother and Masumi out of this," Akai speaks.

"Well a bit late since Mom's dragged her into his mess already," Hitsuki blows at a stray strand of hair.

-☾Or alternatively☽-

"Sure but that doesn't answer my question on Hitsuki here" Jodie motions at the girl in the back seat and Hitsuki sighs.

"Shu decided to knock me out with chloroform and force me into another mission," Hitsuki grumbles while wearing her contacts again. Her right-hand reaches for the bugs in the car and she breaks them all. Her voice regains its normal sound and she speaks. "I'm Akai Hitsuki. A pleasure to meet you two."

"A-AKAI?!" Camel and Jodie screech.

"S-she's your sister?!" Jodie asks.

"One of my younger sisters. She's the second youngest of the four of us"

"HUH?!"

"Oh keep this a secret from Conan-kun would you? I've been living next to him my whole life, I don't want to suddenly catch him off guard until he figures out the trick"

"The trick?"