Flashbacks - Second Chances

"A blind date?" Hitsuki raises a brow at her friend.

"Yeah! I heard that the school was pairing up people for blind dates! Niyirishi-san you're still single right?" one of her friends ask.

"Y-yeah?"

"Well, I heard they might pair you with a person from another school based on your preferences! Niyirishi-san you should try!"

"A-ah?"

"You're single and it's probably annoying to have to listen to all of us talk about our boyfriends every day!"

The group of girls eventually pester Hitsuki into signing up, and she swore she needed to let off some steam later at the training grounds.

"Signing up?" The girl asks.

"yeah..." Hitsuki fills in the form and the girl smiles.

"I'll be sure to pair someone who resembles you then!"

"There's no perverts... right?"

"Even if there was, we hold their student id number. We would be able to report them to the higher-ups." The girl smiles.

"Alright..." Hitsuki finishes filling in the form and sighs.

"Please don't pair me with our campus playboys..." Hitsuki mumbles under her breath as she stares at her notebook. She had a week before they would let her know when and where.

-⧖-

Did she say one week? Oh, well that was a mistake on her end. She had received a match almost exactly a day later. She stares at the message left on the fax machine and her roommates cheer. Apparently, she had been paired with one of the hottest single males on campus according to her roommates. Excuse me?

"Well I'm gonna get played-" Hitsuki sighs.

"No Hitsuki. You don't understand. The fact that he had been rejecting confessions left and right and actually accepted to go on a date with you means he's interested you!" One of the girls cheer.

"I really wish Akira was still with us..." Hitsuki grumbles. "Akira, if you're watching from above, I will end you when I join you."

"Niyirishi-san don't be so pessimistic! It's an attractive male! You could always kick him if he starts harassing you!" Another girl grins.

"Point taken... now what to wear..."

"WE'LL HELP!" the girls cheer.

-⧖-

"I"m dressed..."

"Awful?"

"No, I'm surprised you all agreed upon an outfit for once," Hitsuki hums. She's dressed in a white turtleneck, a mocha windbreaker, and a light pair of high-waisted trousers. It's dark academia, the aesthetic she had picked out before joining the college. Akira had chosen cottagecore, they had gotten weird looks at some point in college.

"Ah what's the male's name?"

"Didn't I tell you? I believe it was Fujii-san," Hitsuki reads the fax.

"... Fujii-senpai!?"

"Aaah that's so dreamy~"

"I heard he treats girls really delicately!" the girls in the room chatter up again and Hitsuki grimaces.

"I don't care who he is. I just hope we can get out of this blind date as soon as possible,"

"Oh come on! Niyirishi-san we all know you need a love life soon!"