AU - Spades,Hearts,Clovers,Diamonds

"The ceremony between Princess Lily of the Hearts and the prince of shields was called off..."

The hall is full of mumbles and murmurs of the rumor. Hitsuki sits in the front of the row, the wedding hall had been transformed into the court. The Suicide King and the Queen of Heart's classic jury.

Hitsuki had been dressed in her jester clothes, and Citra was dressed in her gown. No trial was a trial in the Hearts kingdom without the two jesters. It was a shame that the diamonds had gotten a jester instead of the hearts this generation.

"So this is the one who betrayed your darling sister?" The king of spades looks at his wife lovingly.

"Y-Yes," His wife is soft, adorable even. She had been bullied in the courts over the years because of her legs apparently. Hitsuki was glad that the girl got married to such a loving man.

"And what did he do? Her jokes of diamonds?"

"Ordered an assassin to shoot the prince dead," Hitsuki smiles through her mask. "Offered roles of service to anyone who helped him climb the social circle. Seduced the princess by the work of magic."

A candle is brought by a servant and Hitsuki motions at it.

"It's a specific candle that's imported in little quantities from the heart's colonies in the south." Hitsuki smiles. "It has romantic aspects to it. But it is most commonly used by the rulers to ensure that their children end up producing heirs with their respective lovers."

The crowd murmurs among themselves and the king nods. "I see..."

"Your royal majesty of hearts," The king looks at Lily. "What do you deem to be a good punishment for the male?"

Lily stares at 'Hitsuki' for comfort. Citra offers her a small smile and a nod.

"I believe he should be stripped of his title as a noble, and he shall receive a whip for each official he let into the palace of hearts. I would like his head after all of it to be gifted to the Joker of Diamonds." Lily speaks. The crowd gasps and Hitsuki smirks.

"Of course," The king of spades rules it as the final verdict and the man screams.

"NO! THIS BITCH IS LYING! I DID NOTHING OF THE SORT-"

Hitsuki pulls out her whip and whips the man on the back. He screams in terror.

"Any more words? I can tell you that the man you hired was less resistant than you." Hitsuki's smile is sinister. The man goes quiet.

"Joker of Diamonds, do you have the list as instructed?"

"Absolutely," Hitsuki nods as another servant brings her a scroll. "Crimes charged..."

The list goes on until Hitsuki ends it. "And cheating on her royal majesty of hearts,"

"What?!" The male screams. "I DID NO SUCH THING-"

"Oh?" Hitsuki motions for a servant girl to come over and hickeys and bruises are all over her body. "Then do explain this?"

"I did no such thing!"

"I will have you know that the only two men allowed within the castle walls during after hours are the king and Lily's fiancé." Hitsuki smiles. She was the judge, the jury, and the executioner. "Any other lies you want to spit out?"

It had been pretty cruel of her though. Usually, trials were done in the dungeons, but Hitsuki wanted to make a scene and show the cups and shields what happens when they try to pry into the noble four. The Suicide King was elated when she suggested such.

"Lovely, isn't it?" Hitsuki smiles. "No more lies? Shooting the moon is impossible you know."

"N-No more!" The man cries.

"Then, list all the men that you have allowed into the castle just because they helped you climb the social ladder," Hitsuki smiles.

"..." The man stares at her in shock.

"Well?" Hitsuki smirks playfully. "Or will you speak after the whip?"

Hitsuki hands her whip to the Joker of Spades and he smiles sadistically.

"N-NO! I-I'LL NAME THEM!" The man cries each name out and Hitsuki smiles. A servant notes down all the names and a couple nobles in the crowd complain when they're called.

"And what punishment shall be bestowed upon them?" The king stares at Lily and Citra smiles at her.

"I would like each of their fingers to be cut off," Lily smiles at Citra. Citra winks at Hitsuki and the deal is sealed. Each man is taken away and the trial closes.

Hitsuki and Citra are both quick to leave castle grounds, but Citra gets held back. She was playing as Hitsuki after all.

"Miss Diamond," Hiro smiles.

"Ah, your majesty of clovers," Citra smiles. "Did you need something?"

"I would like to thank you for that night," Hiro smiles. "If it weren't for you, I would have been dead,"

Citra smiles charmingly. "Of course,"

Hitsuki jumps up the wall and runs to the carriage in the outskirts. The coachman greets her with a bow and she smiles. She changes into the knight attire quickly before she's driven back to her place.

Hiro tries to pry information about the Joker from Citra but finds no avail. He tries asking indirectly, but it seems as though the princess was completely heartless. She doesn't speak, and a familiar voice cuts through their conversation.

"Princess Hitsuki!" Hitsuki herself shows up, her eyes and hair perfect. She looks just like Citra.

"Ah Citra," Citra smiles. "Is mother and father calling?"

"Prince Shuichi requests your presence," Citra nods and bows before heading off. Hitsuki follows her back.

Prince Hiro calls Rei over with an order. "Find the Joker and bring her to me,"

"Yes sir," Rei scrambles to find information on the Joker, and it takes nearly a year to even find a strand of information on the Joker.

"Your highness," Rei holds a report in his hands. Prince Hiro nods and looks through the papers. His brother was getting married soon, and he was still pressured to deal with military matters. Rei stares at his master. He was tired lately, his eyebags were heavier than ever and he still needed a queen. After all, his brother didn't wish to take the throne.

"Are... you alright Hiro?" Rei has a servant bring a cup of tea for the prince.

"Of course," Hiro massages his temple. "Totally not aging from the lack of decent noblewomen,"

"You could always propose to her highness of diamonds?" Rei nods at the servant and hands him a cup of herbal medicine. Rei places it next to the prince and he sighs."

"Her highness of Diamonds is impossible to approach," Hiro grumbles. "She has an incredible case of singularity. She doesn't need a man,"

"She needs to produce heirs," Rei reminds.

"No," Hiro groans. "His royal highness said it himself that Hitsuki dying without an heir was no issue,"

"But still," Rei hums. "Get some rest your majesty. I hope the report on the Joker of Diamonds lightens you up a bit,"

"You found her?"

"No," Rei shakes his head. "But we finally have information on who she might be,"

"Ah?"

"Yuzuki," Rei speaks. "Miss Yuzuki, Hitsuki's dead secretary."

-✿-

Fun facts:

Hitsuki wears a wig while being the Joker
The original identity of the Joker used to be a close friend of her and Citra's. Hitsuki took over after the friend died.
Hitsuki's parents stopped rushing her to marry after an incident
Jokers usually have all 4 signs on their cards and each kingdom has their own but the Diamond Joker and Spade Joker are better known for the trials
Canon to the Detco world, Rei and Hiro did grow up together