Flashbacks - Four Lies and the One Truth

"Target eliminated," Rosé speaks into the mic. She hides her gun behind her guitar and sighs. She still hadn't told Hiromitsu about what she did. It had been almost a year, and her graduation was a week away, and here she was. Killing people like they didn't have a purpose in life.

"Good job Rosé," Vermouth's voice is clear in the mic. Rosé walks down the stairs and drives off on her motorbike. She goes home to change, and she checks her phone for any notifications as she was walking out of the shower.

...incoming call from Hiromitsu

"Hiromitsu-kun? Why are you calling at this hour...?" Hitsuki goes quiet and hears tapping. Morse code.

k i d n a p p e d

Hitsuki clicks mute and pulls up her laptop. She plugs her phone in, and she checks out the surrounding area of the place. He's in one of the warehouses near the dock. There's another voice on the line.

"What do we do??"

"Well, we can't leave these two alive-"

"Then how do we kill them?"

"Here,"

Hitsuki hears the sound of a gun from the phone before she plugs in her headphones and hacks onto the announcement system at the pier.

"Attention all civilians, attention all civilians. There are currently two men in a warehouse, planning the death of another two. If you feel as though you will be harmed, please call the police. I repeat, two men are about to get shot, please call the police." Hitsuki hears footsteps outside and sirens nearby. The door to the warehouse slams shut and Hiromitsu lets out a sigh of relief. Hitsuki unmutes herself.

"I figured you would be able to hack the device nearby,"

"Thanks for being observant Hirotmitsu-kun," Hitsuki mumbles.

"Wait, your girlfriend is a hacker?" Rei's talking.

"Huh?"

"No, I'm just good with technology," Hitsuki sings.

Lie one.

"You should be good from there right?"

"Yeah," Hiromitsu pats himself down. "Are you home right now?"

"Hm? Yeah," Hitsuki sighs.

Lie two.

"How'd you two get kidnapped in the first place?"

"Drug deals, a third party knocked out the two of us from behind," Hiromitsu hums. Hitsuki hears the door open and shut. "Should I visit tonight?"

"No thanks Hiromitsu-kun, go get some rest back at your dorms. I'll drop off a bento for you tomorrow," Hitsuki clicks on her computer and submits her thesis paper. The last one for college. Her graduation was in a week. She only prayed that she would get into the police academy before Hiromitsu would find out that she was undercover.

"See you tomorrow then,"

"See you," Hitsuki hums. The call ends, and Hitsuki pulls up the other tab. She still had another to kill, he was getting in the way of the drug development and Whiskey wanted him gone. The only issue was that he was a professor on campus, and the only way she could approach him was by seducing him. He had a knack for students that were younger than him. It was disgusting.

"Ah Amelia-chan, do you know about professor..." And so Hitsuki learns all sorts of things about the man. How he likes his coffee, how he has favoritism about certain things, Hitsuki had taken a course with him before, but Akira had caught his eye instead. Not to mention how Hitsuki still had a letter to deliver to him.