Flashbacks - First meetings

"Niyirishi-san you're going to be late!" Hitsuki blinks as a friend calls her.

"A-ah I'm sorry, I'll be right there!" She grabs her bag and rushes out of her dorm room. So far college had been pretty good. Well... ignoring the fact that all of her roommates had a boyfriend and she didn't yet. She wasn't unwanted, she was just cautious of who to date and why. Most people only knew her as the Niyirishi daughter after all. Most people only wanted her money.

"Niyirishi-san!" Another friend of hers launches at her. "I missed you! How was summer?"

"A-ah summer was alright," Hitsuki smiles sheepishly. "How was yours?"

"My boyfriend took me to Nagano!" the girl smiles.

"No way! Mine took me all the way to Osaka!" another girl joins in. Hitsuki doesn't join in on the conversation. Another friend speaks up.

"What'd you do over summer?" Akari smiles.

"Ah, well I spent a bit of time at my family's place and then flew back here for the rest of the summer. I didn't do that much haha," Hitsuki smiles.

"Ah? Well, I heard there was a new coffee shop that opened here on campus. Professor Sato mentioned that we get extra credit if we decide to work there."

"Extra credit?" Hitsuki blinks in confusion. "Why would we work at a coffee shop for extra credit? He's literally teaching a course on psychology."

"To psychoanalyze someone? You can tell a lot from a person based off of their coffee order." Akari hums.

"Hm... extra credit?"

"I was actually wondering if you wanted to work with me at the coffee shop..." Akari mumbles.

"A-ah?"

"It's not every day that we get to live a relatively regular life Hitsuki-chan," Akari mumbles under her breath and Hitsuki sighs. She was right, it wasn't every day that Vermouth or Champagne let the two live a regular life. Apparently, the boss gave them four years to learn everything about the human body that they could, thanks to Vermouth.

But that was what Akari didn't know. She was a NOC, and Hitsuki was tasked with taking her out while they were at college. Four years seemed like a long time, but Hitsuki still hadn't eliminated the girl yet. She was running out of time, especially since she only had half a year left. She was almost finished with her major and she still hadn't tried killing the girl yet.

"Excellent training...huh," Hitsuki smiles to herself. "I'll join you then Akari-chan! I'll make the most of the mundane days!"

"H-hai!"

-⧖-

"Ah, the uniforms are a bit..."

"Erotic?" Akari smiles. They were maid outfits... it was a cat cafe, and required girls and boys to wear their respective uniforms. Males had butler uniforms and the girls had maid outfits. The security was restricted to purely students so at least they wouldn't need to worry about any middle-aged perverts.

"More or less," Hitsuki sighs. "I don't like how I look."

"Too much skin?"

"Yeah," Hitsuki pats her skirt down and starts serving the people around them.

"Wanna watch me make a quick buck?" Akari whispers to Hitsuki as she passes her. Being naturally flirty must've been a wonderful experience...

"Welcome to our Neko cafe! How can I help you out today?" It's a male. Hitsuki keeps an eye out for Akari as she takes his order.