Chapter 15 - Cinsault (Scrapped)

Originally Chapter 15

--o--

"Why??" Hitsuki blinks at the email for her. "A kid heist?"

Hitsuki reads through the email before grumbling. What was the point of stealing all those gems if he was only after one? One that had already been extracted and turned into a family heritage. She stares at the safe in her room and pulls out a pen.

To the magician under the moonlight...

-⚇-

Kaito stares at the anonymous letter sent to Kid.

"So? What are you going to do about that one?" Jii asks him and Kaito yawns.

"Obviously accept their offer. I mean they said they would bring cookies and pastries, oh and chocolate ice cream! Besides, they don't seem to give off any malicious intent. On top of that, they're attending the heist tonight"

"But master Kuroba what if they kill you?"

"They planned the event at on an abandoned building's roof and signed with the name Sunstone, I think someone with ill intentions wouldn't use such a name" Kaito notes. "Also, the fact that they shipped this to your pub means that they have a good idea on who I am"

"Isn't that dangerous?"

"I'm not sure about that part" Kaito fiddles with the coin in his hand. "But I'll give them a chance..."

-⧖-

"H-Hitsuki-chan?" Hitsuki grins at the group.

"Hi!"

"W-what are you doing here?" Conan stumbles.

"Hm? Am I not allowed to see the pretty boy?" Hitsuki grins and stares at the room. "Are all of these your husband's books?"

"Ah, yes. The instructions on opening the box are hidden somewhere in these books."

"She doesn't like mystery books with deaths or frightening monster tales" Sonoko speaks.

"Are there any books or things that you know well enough to not need to look at?" Hitsuki tilts her head.

"Ah, she mentioned that her specialty was stew" Subaru mentions. Hitsuki walks over to the cookbooks and starts flipping through. They continue flipping through before the woman speaks up. Hitsuki doesn't pay attention and finds a piece of paper in the book. She closes the book and puts another on top.

"What?! You know where the piece of paper with the trick box's opening instructions is?!"

"Yep! And why we can't find it despite our efforts so far!" Conan grins.

"What do you mean Conan-kun?" Ran asks.

"You aren't making things up now are you?" Sonoko yells.

"Can you lend me a notebook and pen?"

"Will this do?" Subaru hands Conan a notebook and Conan rips a page twice and writes a circle.

"Here! Memorize this!"

"It's just a circle..."

"If you've memorized it can you stick it between these pages?" Kogoro sticks it in between pages and Conan sings.

"Abracadabra! Vanish you piece of paper!" He hands the notebook back to Kogoro and asks him to find the paper. The paper isn't found and Conan explains the trick.

"But there are over 10 volumes of cookbooks!" the woman speaks.

"Don't worry about that one, the paper's been found" Hitsuki holds the book up, and the lights flicker off. Hitsuki slams a couple of books on top and a melody plays in the background. Conan and Kogoro rush over and the lights turn back on. Hitsuki takes out the book and hands the paper to the woman.

"He got us didn't he" Haibara speaks.

"So we aren't needed anymore... can we leave?" the professor asks.

"No! The security shutters linked to the cage are still shut! He must still be in the library!" Jirokichi speaks. "Even if I have to pull everyone's faces, I swear I'll find him!"

"Please don't do that! I told you didn't I? That a condition to exhibit the box was to not do anything rude to the visitors."

"B-but mam, your late husband's possession, the moonstone..."

"A jewel or two? He can take them as a reward for opening the box... what I really wanted to have was the other thing that was kept along with the jewel. The girl over there found the note. Let's open the box and check the contents..."

The cage is opened and the woman opens up the box. The professor speaks about his stomach hurting, and Hitsuki snickers.

"Well, are we allowed to leave now?" Hitsuki asks. And soon everyone heads home.

"Speaking of which, Hitsuki-nee-chan you seemed to have been looking for someone," Conan speaks up.

"Ah well, let's just say I wanted to see the phantom thief face to face" Hitsuki scratches her cheek and Conan sighs.

"He disguised himself as the professor"

"I figured. The professor didn't feel as plump as usual" Hitsuki laughs awkwardly.

-⧖-

Hitsuki taps her feet on the ground. Her wig was off and her contacts were sitting in her purse. Kaito kid lands before her and smiles charmingly.

"Milady" He reaches for her hand and she retracts.

"Well, I did a bit of digging, and I seemed to have found out some things that I... probably shouldn't have?" Hitsuki motions for him to sit down and grins. "Your father, first of all, disappeared in a bombing incident 13 years ago. Someone had bugged his trick and wanted him dead. Did you know that the Pandora went missing 26 years ago?"

"Ah, you must be Miss Niyirishi" Kaito smiles and Hitsuki hands him a bowl of ice cream.

"Yes, but that was just the tale made up for the media" Hitsuki smiles, and she holds up a box for him.

"My biological parents extracted the Pandora without harming anyone, but it cost their lives. My mom dropped the tear into my mouth before Snake killed them in a handful of days. I commissioned for it to be turned into a pair of earrings for my 18th birthday." Her eyes glow under the moon and Kaito Kid pauses.

"You can look at it, it's pretty much like any other gem" Hitsuki lets out a shaky sigh. "I'll be honest. I don't know why I called you out today, and I don't know why I'm talking to you about this. But I guess I see a part of me when I was younger in you."

Kaito checks the gem through the moon and marvels at the glow. "I'm supposed to destroy this?"

"Yes," Hitsuki sighs. "Well, I'll leave the gem in your possession, be sure to take good care of it would you?"

Kid pulls her arm and spins her so that she was facing him again. He takes the earrings out and places one on her ear. "The gem's owner is you..." he places the other one on her other ear and smiles. "I won't destroy it, but I hope that you would tell no one else of it's existence"

"Ah," Hitsuki smiles. "Good luck on your fruitless quest then Kuroba-san"

"Of course..." Kaito leaves.

-✿-

Fun facts about this chapter:

This was the original Chapter 15 (I didn't release it bc I didn't like it)
Hitsuki is not a Niyirishi, but her biological parents did indeed turn the gem into a pair of earrings
I actually have no idea why I typed this chapter-