Special - Shopping

"Finally I get to take you out," Hitsuki grabs her keys, and Haibara sighs.

"I don't know how you shook the kids off."

"I'm not too sure either," Hitsuki clicks on her phone and goes quiet. "Which mall? Which shop? Which bag?"

"Huh?"

"I know you don't like shopping for children's things. I might as well take you with me as I find a new purse to use," Hitsuki clicks her gps. "Fusae it is."

"H-hUH?!"

"Unless you want to shop somewhere else?" Hitsuki asks.

"N-no, it's just..." Haibara stares at Hitsuki uncertainly. "We're not in front of everyone else so why do you..."

"Is there a reason we need to be nice?" Hitsuki peers at her. "The world is so dark already, what's the point in causing more issues?"

"B-but why me?"

"I promised Akemi-chan to keep her sister safe." Hitsuki smiles at her lockscreen. 3 out of 4 gone.

"Ah..."

"But regardless," Hitsuki plugs her phone in. "Where would you like to go?"

"Shopping" Haibara's voice is more firm this time and Hitsuki drives off. She spends the day spoiling Haibara and feels lighter by the time the sun sets.

"Funny, isn't it?" Hitsuki hands the girl a cup of coffee.

"Hm?"

"I was making plans to transfer you over to my branch when you were suddenly captured," Hitsuki sighs. "Whiskey nearly killed me when I told her that you weren't in the cell."

"She did?"

"Mhm. Whiskey had everything ready in case you actually got shot." Hitsuki throws her cup away and Haibara blinks.

"She... didn't sell me off...?" Haibara looks up at Hitsuki and she shakes her head.

"She was telling through the earpiece. She said she couldn't afford to lose a sister. She said she'd spend the rest of her life tracking down your body if she had to...  I found you next door to the Kudos and figured it was you."

Haibara doesn't speak and tears well up in her eyes. Hitsuki hands her a handkerchief and the two stare at the setting sun in silence. She couldn't tell the girl that Whiskey had undertaken the drug and was looking for an antidote. That tale would be saved for another day.

-✿-

Fun facts about this chapter:

Whiskey locked herself inside for 7 days straight after Sherry was reported as missing
Whiskey doesn't know Sherry's alive
HAHA FIRST WRITTEN SPECIAL CHAPTER GO BRR