AU - Spades,Hearts,Clovers,Diamonds

TRIGGER WARNING: BLOOD. LOTS AND LOTS OF BLOOD. PEOPLE BEING HARMED SERIOUSLY. DO NOT READ UNLESS COMFORTABLE

Also part 2 of the last part

-::-

Hitsuki stares at her reflection. She was going to commit arson if she had to greet one more person somewhat politely. But it was for her best friend, after all, Lily had been her friend since diapers. The Hearts threw a lavish banquet for their engagement, and it was no surprise that the wedding was just as grand.

Hearts, hearts everywhere. Hitsuki paused to stare at her reflection again. Citra was currently talking with the knights at the table.

Her dress is a heart today. She had gotten it styled when she was helping Lily plan the wedding. There's little heart chains looping around her dress and a small shield rests in her waist. Her usual diamond choker stays. There's a pair of trousers underneath her dress and though it's stuffy, it's incredibly good for moving around.

The halls are decorated in red and white. Hearts are present in every drink and delicacy you set your eyes on, and the ballroom is lit with heart-shaped lights. Everything has a heart, if not a heart, then a shield. Though it was less grand than her sister's wedding, it was still a sight to behold.

Hitsuki stays on the side for most of the time. She had enough with talking to people. Besides, she needed to make sure that Citra didn't get approached by the young prince of clubs. They didn't need another marriage, especially since his brother had married a powerful noblewoman.

"Your highness," A breeze passes her and she pulls out her fan. It's the prince of clubs himself.

"...Prince Clove," Hitsuki nods and Hiro smiles.

"Do tell me about that knight of yours, would you?" the prince smiles without his eyes. Hitsuki hums.

"While it is her duty to keep me safe from danger, I do not wish to harm her in any way either," Hitsuki's voice doesn't waver.

"Ah? Did the girl not tell you?"

"Tell me?" Hitsuki raises a brow. "Tell me that you had whisked her away on the night of The Queen of Heart's engagement party? That you had slept with her?"

Hitsuki's voice grows more and more venomous as she speaks. She corners him onto the balcony and soon, she's a shove away from ending the prince's life.

"And what about it?" The prince has a shit-eating smirk on his face.

"Shoving you down the balcony sounds tempting," Hitsuki blinks her lashes teasingly.

Hiro's smirk falters a bit as he stares at her lips. They're a tantalizing shade of red and they seem rather plush. They look similar to the lips he had kissed that night.

But before he gets to think more, an arrow narrowly misses him. Hitsuki feels the blade cut her back slightly. Hitsuki pulls back and spots an assassin on the roof.

"Well, guess we have a visitor," Hitsuki rips off her dress and scales up the wall. She's left in an undershirt and a pair of trousers. "See you later princie!"

Hiro stares in awe as Hitsuki chases the assassin on the roof and pulls out her sword.

"Come back here! You have unfinished business!" Hitsuki's careful to not miss a step in her heels as she runs with her sword. The assassin tries to shake her off and she tackles the man off the roof into the grass. Her heel traps his wrist and her other leg keeps his legs in place. "Let's see who the lovely assassin is, shall we?"

Another arrow is aimed at the woman as she rips the mask off. Her smile widens as she stares at the man. "My lovely shield~"

The man struggles in her hold as she stabs her sword through his stomach. The man screams. She hears shuffling in her direction and pulls out her sword before climbing the wall. An arrow flies by the palace guards as they rush over and Hitsuki gets back onto the roof. She sits atop the place until Citra shows up with a change of clothes.