What if...

This one's been on my mind for a while. What if Hitsuki wasn't siblings with Akai?

I question her loyalty sometimes and I think her entire timeline would be messed up from head to toe if she didn't meet the Akais. Now, Hitsuki's backstory hasn't exactly been explained that much, but we know that she's an orphan. Both her parents died to the organization.

So what would happen if she didn't rush to meet the Akais? What if instead, she had decided to take down the organization by becoming a child genius like Sherry? 

Now if that were the case, she would've been on the sniping team. Regardless of how she would've been trained, she would've ended up with the snipers at some point whether or not she decided to major in medical school.

Now that opens up the route of would she date Akai instead of Hiromitsu?

My answer? No. I don't she would.

Hitsuki prefers people who can be somewhat open with her and trust her wholeheartedly before she can. That way, she's able to distinguish between yes or no for them and able to open up to them much better. Akai requires a bit of work before you can get through and Hitsuki would get burnt out before she could break his walls.

But would Akai fall for Hitsuki then?

I'm not sure. We know from Gosho that Akai likes quiet women. Hitsuki... isn't exactly quiet. She's lively and vibrant and would probably fit Amuro's type better? But regardless, chances of Hitsuki actually full-on teasing Rye comes out. I mean, who would pass up the chance to tease an attractive man?

Now another route, would Hitsuki date Bourbon?

Bourbon is, slick, sly, and morally grey. Furuya Rei is hot-headed while Amuro Tooru is calm and vibrant. She's able to deal with Hiromitsu's three personas only because Hiro met her before the PSB, and they were engaged immediately after he graduated from the police academy. She was the only part that Hiro wasn't able to cut off since well... they were engaged. You're not technically allowed to disappear on your lover...

This brings us to, would Hitsuki be good or bad?

HAHA her only job is to destroy the organization from head to toe. She hates the organization and would only be part of the organization because she's getting revenge for her parents. She would not be good or bad regardless of what route I chose for her. 

Now! Since she's no longer siblings with Rye, would she kill him after he kills her fiancé?

Yes. Hitsuki struggled with her emotions for a whole year after her fiancé's death. If she wasn't related to him in any way, she would've killed him regardless of what identity he held. Akai Shuichi? Target. Dai Moroboshi? Target. Rye? Target. She would kill Akai even if it meant being hunted down by the FBI. She leaves no mercy for those on the battlefield.

So then that brings us to the question: Would the storyline be any different from right now if she wasn't related to Akai?

Mmm, probably. My original plans for the story were much different from the ones right now. I'll make another chapter another day on my original plans for the fanfic eventually. But in essence, if she wasn't related to Akai, then she would've been the route into the organization instead of Akemi. She drives recklessly, we know that from the chapter she saves the kids. Akai would've actually used her and while she wouldn't die, she would definitely want him dead if she didn't fall for him.