Chapter 19

He's attempting to braid my hair, but he can't, simply because he doesn't know how to.

"You fail at braiding" I laugh. Calum's fingers leave my hair as he doubles over and laughs his hardest.

"I know. I tried" he laughs.

We calmed down then re-arranged our positions. Him just laying down on the couch. And me, resting mostly on him and my head resting on his chest.

"This is nice" he strokes my hair. "Yeah" I respond.

Silence settled into the room before Calum spoke again. "I love you" he whispers and kisses my forehead.

I smile at this. At what my life is like right now with Calum.

"I love you too"

The door bell rung. "I'll get it" I groan as I get up, not wanting to leave Calum.

I swing open the door to see Luke. "Hold on" I mumble.

I go over to Calum and tell him I'll be outside for a minute. He nods then continues to relax.

I smile then walk over to the door, where my smile fades. Luke moves for me to get outside. I slam the door when I get outside.

Once I'm in front of Luke, he fixes that and slams me against the door. He smashes his lips against mine.

I try to push him away but I can't.

When I'm finally able to push him away, he stumbled backwards with a look of astonishment.

"What was that?!" I yell, trying to catch my breath from his sudden movements.

"A kiss?" It sounds more like a question. I sigh and look down at my feet, crossing my arms and looking back up.

"I'm sorry, Luke" I say in a quiet voice. "Sorry for what?" He asks. I open my mouth to say something with an apologetic look but he cuts me off.

"No. Your not with Calum, are you?" He backs away.

"Luke-"

"Don't Luke me. I can't believe you. I actually thought in the hospital that you really loved me. That we would be together. I'm so stupid and blind" he laughs. "I should have killed myself when I had the chance" he says before walking away.

When I yell his name, that only makes him run away.

I sigh in frustration. Then I walk back inside only to see Calum standing by the door.

We stare at each other until he decides to speak.

"I heard. I heard everything"

"Oh" was all I said. "Don't do that again, please" he says. "Do what?" I ask.

"You lead him on, now he's heart broken. Now he wants to kill himself because of you. Because you keep doing this to him" he shakes his head and chuckles.

I just stare at him. "Well, say something" he says.

"I don't know what to say"

"Save him" he says. "Go save him. He's going to kill himself" he says.

My eyes widen and I run out the door.

My legs won't stop me, I just keep running until I get to Luke's home.

I pound on the door and his mother opens the door. "Well, hello Layla" she smiles as she wipes her hands on a towel.

I look between her and her background. "May I come in?" I ask.

She nods and let's me in. "Whats this about?" She asks me as she notices my emotion, fear.

"Where's Luke?" I ask. "He went to the bathroom" she says, pointing at the stairs.