Chapter 24

A/N
Hi guys! Whoever actually likes this story I'm sorry to say that this is the last chapter. Comment if I should write a sequel in the future. And warning this chapter might be short.

The rain pouring down harshly on my face, soaking up my clothes and my hair is drenched.

I'm outside Calum's college. This is the most stupidest thing I've done. I'm just standing outside in this storm. Lighting occurring far away from me but I know it will come soon.

"Hey! Are you okay?! Come inside!" Someone yells. I don't respond to whoever it is, I just stand where I'm standing.

That same person ran over to me. "Layla?" He asks. He uncovers his hood from his face and it's clear to see that it's Calum.

"Calum" I mumble. "What are you doing out here? Come inside, your soaked" he did the cheesy thing that all guys do. He took off his coat and put it over my shoulders.

Once we got inside I took off the coat and handed it back to him. "Why were you outside? Your soaked" he exclaimed.

"I don't know" I lie. "I can ask you the same thing. Why were you outside?" I continue.

He scratched the back of his neck. "I was actually on my way to see you" he mumbled half of it.

"You were? Why?" I ask. "I needed to tell you something but forget it now you need to dry off" he took my hand in his and led me to the bathrooms. But before we actually reached the doors to the girls and boys bathrooms and I stopped him.

"No. Tell me" I demand. "It's not even that important now, let's just drop it okay? You need to dry off"

"No, it must have been important if you skipped class" I urged him to tell me and I knew he would tell me sooner or later.

"It doesn't matter now" he said. "Calum" I say in a hushed tone. I cupped his cheeks in my hands so he would look at me.

"Just tell me" I whisper. "Why do you want to know so badly?" He snapped his head away from me. "I don't know. I just do" I shrug. "Well I should be asking you why you were outside my college, standing there like your fixated on something and you didn't even care that you were in the middle of a storm!" he yelled.

"Why are you yelling?!" I yell. "Because I'm mad!" He yells.

"Mad about what!" I yell. Calum backs up a little bit until he's walking away from me backwards.

"Because I'm in love with you" he turns around and walks away, down a hall and away from me.

I sigh and run after him. "Calum!" I yell.

Once I turn into a different hall Calum's waiting there. "What" he says plainly.

"I came here to tell you something" I pause. "And that's what I'm going to do"

"What is it?" He asks.

"Okay. We have been together for a couple months now. We've been together but I don't even think we're an actual couple" I pause.

"I've known you for a long time now" I chuckle. "And we have never said we long each other. I just learned that you actually love me. And I have had strong feelings for you for a long time. I was just scared to admit it" another pause.

"I guess I'm just saying that I love you too"

Not knowing what else to do, I just walk away.

Calum doesn't follow me. He stays.

I ignore the fact that he doesn't follow me or doesn't even yell after me. So I just continue to walk.

I'm without a coat like I was before so I know what will come when I get outside.

Like expected, my clothes, hair and I are all drenched, not that I wasn't a couple seconds ago.

So I continue to walk in the rain without a coat and a car. Just with my jeans, boots and a sweater that has about a million holes in it.

Half way towards Ellie's house I hear my name being called. "Layla! Faith!" A male voice called.

I turn around quickly to see someone running towards me. I don't know who it is because it's dark and also because he's dressed in black with a hood over his head.

"Layla! Faith! Whoever the heck you want me to call you!" He yells. I furrow my eyebrows is confusion as to why and who is saying this or I should say yelling this.

Finally, whoever it is they get to me. I realize it's Calum because he takes off his hood.

"I'm sorry" he breaths out. "Did you just run here?" I ask. "Yes" he manages to breath out.

"I'm sorry" he stammers. "For what?" I act coy, even though I think I know why he's saying sorry.

My guess is that he's saying sorry because he didn't follow me. But that's not why he is saying sorry.

"I'm sorry for being an idiot. I didn't follow you-" I guessed one part at least. "I'm sorry this is confusing to me" he pauses and I continue.

"Confusing?" I ask. "How is this confusing?"

"It's confusing because I've never been in love!" He yells.

We stay silent for a long time.

"Me too, Calum. I'm confused, scared and worried I would mess everything up. But that's the crazy part of love. The best part is being in love. Caring, trusting, and just simply loving the person your in love with" I start to cry and I wish I didn't. All I did since ever I met Calum was mainly cry.

"Who are you in love with" he asks quietly. He knows who I love, he just wants to hear me say it.

"You, Calum. I'm in love with you" I announce a little louder than I wanted.

He picks his head up from staring at the cemented sidewalk. "I'm in love with you too" he smiles. I smile back.

"Just kiss me already" I say. Calum comes close to me and smashes his lips against mine.

Nothing could be better than this right now. I don't even notice the rain around us or what time it is or even how tired I am right at this moment.

I don't notice anything bad or horrible right now in this world because everything seems perfect with Calum and that's the way I wish it was all the time.

Once you fall in love with somebody your blinded by all their flaws or anything they did or do. Someone wise told me that, and it's good to hear it. Because if you do look past every flaw of the person you love, then you know your in love.

Just like I'm in love with Calum. I look past everything that he told me he has done, his cancer, just every little bad or terrible detail because I'm greatly in love with Calum Thomas Hood.

So basically...long story short, I fell in love with Calum Hood.