Chapter 8

A/N
Please comment if the gif works, please.

"And so..." Luke trails off with his story about how he saved a guys life. The guy was about to drown but Luke saved him. I 44% believe him.

I know he knows I'm not paying attention, but he continues to talk anyways. I stare down at my wine glass, which is filled with soda, and I just tap the bottom of the glass.

I'm zoned out now, thinking into space. Thinking of a lot of things actually. How Calum almost kissed me, how I haven't spoken to Calum in weeks, and how I'm going to try and fix this situation.

Does Calum like me? Or was he just caught up in the moment.

Would he get mad when he finds out I'm starting to date Luke?

Would he try and kiss me again?

All these questions and more run through my head and Luke speaks again.

He clears his throat and I snap my head into his direction. "Are you okay, Layla?" He asks with a concern look in his eyes.

I stare at him for a second and smile. "I'm fine" I lie. Everybody knows and should know that when a girl says 'I'm fine' it usually means that the girl is breaking inside, like I am right now.

But I know Luke and he doesn't want to pressure me into telling him the truth. But strangely, he asks me what's wrong.

"I told you Luke, I'm fine" I say for the thousandth time. "Your lying, Layla. I've known you for a while now and I can tell when your lying. And I am an expert with girls. I know when their fine or not" he smirks and leans across the table, holding my hand that was near my wine glass.

"It's nothing" I brush it off, not wanting to tell him because he might worry and get jealous like usual boys do. Or maybe he would be upset and know that I have feelings for Calum.

Of course I have feelings for Calum. I have feelings for Luke and Calum. I don't love either of them. I haven't gained either of their trust yet. So how could I love them already?

Luke caresses the back of my hand gently. "You know you can tell me anything, right?" He half-smiles.

I nod.

"Good" he fully smiles.

Our food comes. When it does, Luke doesn't speak and eats his food. I on the other hand just play with the food. I refuse to eat.

I just have a lot on my mind. So I'd rather think than eat.

Maybe I'm making a mistake with Luke? What if this gets farther and we keep going on dates.

I like Luke and all, but I'm not going to date him while I also have other feelings for another guy.

"Luke?" I pause for a response from him. "Yes, Layla?" He lifts his head up with a slight smile, a concerned one.

Silence, just staring at each other. I open my mouth my keep it open for a couple seconds so I can decide my choice of words.

I get up, with my mouth still slightly open. "I can't do this" I shake my head. "What do you mean?" He asks with furrowed eyebrows.

I motioned between us. "Us" I paused. "I can't do this. I think you know I have feelings for you and Calum. I can't date one until I have my thoughts together" I looked down at my feet.

"I'm sorry" I say after a couple of seconds. "Its okay. I understand" he says and leans back in his chair.

"Thank you" I smile. "No problem" he chuckles. "Just promise me one thing" he stands up and is now inches away from me. "Pick the right one" he smiles.

"I will" I whisper. I grab my coat, my phone and my purse and I leave.

With my hand on the door, I look back to Luke. He's pacing back and forth in front of the table I was at just moments ago. He was shaking his head.

I look back to the door, then back to Luke.

Maybe I'm making a mistake. Maybe I should be with Luke. Calum already has a girlfriend, maybe I'm just telling myself that I like Calum because I'm trying to hide the truth that I like Luke.

I walk back to Luke and sit down. "I have my feelings together" I say quietly. Luke sits back down in front of me and smiles. "That's good" he smirks.

"I like you, Luke" I still say quietly.

"I like you too, Layla" he says.

"What about Calum?" He asks. "Were going to stay friends" I assure him. "Okay" breathes out a laugh.

There's silence and I just stare at Luke. He stares back with a smile. "I would love to do this again" I place my elbows on the table and rest my chin in my hands.

Luke does the same.

"I would too" he agrees. "Next time, instead of a fancy restaurant, we should go to the movies. We should watch a scary movie. Or maybe we should have a date at my house or yours. We could play video games" I nod.

Luke leans back into his chair again and stares at me with wide eyes. "What?" I ask rather harshly.

"Your perfect" he says quietly. "Your everything I ever wanted in a girl. Smart, pretty, nice, sweet, tomboyish, and loves to play video games" he smiles widely.

I just laugh and Luke does too. Yep, this isn't a mistake at all.

A/N
Who would be better? Luke, Ashton or Calum with Layla?