Chapter 22

"Tell them!" Ellie yells.

"I know, Ellie! I will!" I yell.

"Why are we yelling?!" she yells.

"Because we're happy it's gone!" I yell.

"The freaking cancer is gone!" she shrieks.

We hug each other tightly and jump up and down. "This is amazing!" Ellie screams. "What's amazing?" Calum walks in the room, followed by Ashton. "Tell them!" Ellie yells. "My cancer is gone!" I yell. Ashton smiles widely and says congrats to me. But Calum just leaves. I furrow my eyebrows then run after him.

He's already walking outside. I don't even bother getting my coat. "Calum!" I yell. When I catch up to him, I turn him around. "What?!" he yells. "What's your problem?" I ask. "Congrats on no cancer! Is that what you wanted to hear?!" he yells and tries to walk away. I stop him again. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"My cancer spread" he says. My eyes widen. "I'm so sorry" I hug him tightly. "I don't want to die" he cries. "You won't" I wipe his tears away. "Want to know how?" I add. "Because we're going to fight this. Together. I'm not going to let you die" I smile and hug him once more. "It' going to be okay" I cry.

"This is going to get better" I add. He nods and squezes me harder. I don't want to let him go and I know he doesn't want to let go either.

What feels like hours but is only minutes, then he finally lets go. All I wanted was things to get better. Maybe it will in the future but Calum thinks it won't.

***
"L-Layla?"

"Yes, Calum?" I peer down to look at him. He looks back up at me and smiles slightly.

"Do you think I'm going to die?" He asks. My face goes blank, eyes slightly widen and a tear rolls down my cheek.

"I don't want that to happen" I play with his hair. He turns his head and looks up to me. I look down at him, his head is just laying on my stomach.

This is just peaceful with him, laying in the grass.

"Is it going to be like TFIOS?" He asks and smirks. "N-No. I won't let that happen" I say.

Calum gets up and extends a hand out to me. I grab it and he helps me up.

"Let's go do something. Something not depressing"

"Okay" I squeeze his hand.

We continue our walk towards his house. "What do you suggest?" I ask.

Calum just shrugs. "There's a carnival by the docks" He says. "Want to go?" I ask. He nods his head.

"Do you want to invite anyone?"

"Sure"

"How about Ellie?" I ask. "Okay. Then that means Ashton is coming too. He goes everywhere she goes" we laugh.

"Okay. So I'll ask Ellie. How about Michael?" I ask.

"Okay. And Luke? His mom told me he's not doing well so why not cheer him up"

"Okay. So we have Ellie, Ashton, Michael and Luke" I say. "What about Sheer?" He asks.

I roll my eyes. "Do we have to invite her?" I whine.

"Well, I think it would cheer Luke up some more if he saw her"

"Okay, fine" I grumble.

Calum pulls out his phone as well and we each call them. Calum calls Luke, Sheer and Michael while I call Ellie and Ashton.

"Luke and Sheer are coming. Also Michael he whispers, knowing I'm still on the phone with one of them.

"Okay...yeah...meet us there. Bring Ash...okay...bye" then I hang up. "Ellie's coming and she's going to bring Ash"