Chapter 23

A/N

Warning this chapter will be short and the next chapter will be the last.

I decided to skip the party and visit my mom. "Hi, Mrs. Lynn" I smiled. "You know, you can call me mom" she chuckled.

When I didn't respond she opened the door wider to let me in. Before I could respond, Daisy came running to me. "Hey Faith!" She smiled widely.

"Hey Daisy"

Some other girl came out and walked over to Daisy. "Sorry, I didn't know that you were coming. This is my friend May" she said. "Hi May" "Hi"

"We have to go meet up with my boyfriend but it was nice seeing you" she gave me a quick hug and walked out with her friend. "Boyfriend? How old is she?" I ask.

"15" my mom chuckled. I nod my head. "I wasn't allowed to have a boyfriend until I turned 18. Mr. and Mrs. Southgate were very over protective of me" I chuckled.

"Well, I guess I let her date now because I think she's old enough. People call me a bad mother and others say I trust her. But I don't really care what people say. It's my opinion, right?" she laughed.

"Yeah" I agree. "She's a big girl now. I have to let her go sometime" she shrugs. "Anyways, would you like something to drink?" She asks.

"Uh, water would be fine. Thank you" she nods and heads off to another room.

She comes back minutes later with a tray. She hands me a glass of water and takes her own glass of lemonade, not that it was important to note.

"Why did you come by? Not that I like to see you, I'm just wondering why you would come at this hour"

"I just wanted to come and see you I guess" I shrug and take a sip of water.

"Well, I'm glad you came anyways"

"Me too"

"So, anything new?" She asks. "Well, I don't know if you heard or not but my mom is being sent to jail. I don't know if they arrested her or not already"

"Oh. That's...I'm sorry to hear that" she takes her hand in mine. "I'm not" I mumble.

"I'm just glad she got what she deserves" I nod in agreement.

"Anything else new?" She asks. "I found my feelings for a guy" I chuckle. "Whats his name?" She asks.

"Calum"

"What's he like?" She asks. "He's nice, funny, cute...just everything a girl looks in for a guy"

"He sounds great" we both laugh. "Oh, and as of today I'm a month and a couple days of cancer free" I smile widely then laugh lightly.

"That's great!" She pulls me into a tight hug.

We stay like this for a couple of seconds before we both let go.

"I'm so happy for you" she starts to tear up. "Thank you"

She brought me into a tight hug. "I'm so proud of my little girl" she whispers. I smile at that.

It's horrible to think that all these years, we didn't get to spend time with each other. She missed my childhood, my teenage years. She missed a lot of memories. Like my first words, me walking, my first day of school, getting braces. Even when I fell and broke my arm, she missed everything up until now. I'll be turning 19 in a couple of weeks. All of my 18 birthdays she missed. But now until she dies I will spend every memory with her. Just not my first ones.

"Mom?" I whisper. She pulls away from the long hug. "Yes?" She sniffles. "I'm sorry we didn't have memories together"

"That's okay because now we can spend memories"

I nod my head. "That sounds amazing"

"I just wish I could have spent all these years with you instead of an imposter"

"Me too" she wiped my tears with a tissue.

Daisy walks in and slams the door. "I hate my life!" She then runs away and all I could hear is stomping.

"Daisy!" my mom yells. I get up and inform my mom that I'll talk to her. She gives me a concerned look and nods.

I run up some stairs and hear weeping. I follow the cries until I come to a shut door with Daisy's name on it.

"Daisy?" I ask. "Go away!" She cries. "Can we talk?" I ask.

Some shuffling then the door opens up. Daisy's eyes are filled with tears. She wipes some tears and walks back to her bed.

"What happened?" I sit at the edge of her bed. She curls in a ball with her knees against her chest and her head buried under her crossed arms.

"My b-boyfriend broke up with me" she cries. "Why would he do that?" I ask. "He told me he has feelings for someone else"

"To be honest, he doesn't deserve you"

"That's what everyone says" she sniffles and sits up straight.

"But everyone else doesn't mean it. I actually do mean it" I pause. "From the couple of times I have spent with you, I learned that your a very nice person. Most people would have cried and yelled at their mom for not telling them they didn't have another sister. But you, you smiled and hugged me. Your unique. Your a wonderful person and I would like to spend a lot of time with you. Him, your boyfriend...he just doesn't deserve you. If he breaks up with you then so be it. At least he showed his true colors before anything serious happened" she scooted over to me and hugged me. "Thank you, Faith" she whispers.

"I'm just telling the truth" that caused a chuckle to escape her lips. The most amazing thing is to make someone happy, and I accomplished just that with the truth.

Some truths hurt and some don't. Some lies hurt and some don't as well. You just need to use them at the right time and you shouldn't use them at the wrong times.