Five years Later

The steady roaring of the wind, and splashing of the rain outside made Rose sigh. Her ice blue eyes opened and she looked out the floor to ceiling window. Five years had passed. Five years and she still mourned. Five years and she still wasn't herself. Five years and she still hadn't moved on.

Natasha had tried...

Steve had tried....

Rhodes and Tony told her to suck it up. They all lost someone.

Honestly she didn't see how Tony had lost that much yet... Tony still had Pepper and heck they even had a kid now. Why did the one who hadn't lost it all get to have it all?

Hell, everyone tried to help her. They even asked her to go on a mission. Apparently Thanos had used the stones again. So they knew where he was. If they knew where he was then they could bring everyone back. Right? They could bring Bucky back.....?

Well that was the brilliant plan. Rose had to admit it was a long shot. She had hope though that they would come back with the stones and snap everyone back. That somehow Bucky would be back. They could finally have that happy ending.

Nope..... Instead Thor chopped Thanos head off and the stones were no more.
——————-

"Rose?" A quite knock at the door made her look up

"Rose?" A quite knock at the door made her look up. She knew that voice. It was Steve. Checking in on her like he did everyday. Probably to get her to come out for lunch.... Did she sleep through breakfast again?"

"Rose come on. Tony's right it's been five years. It's time to move on. It's time to.... He was like a brother to me Rose. A brother, so don't think you're the only one who lost someone that day." Steve paused and then spoke again. "He wouldn't want you to do this to yourself....."

Rose narrowed her eyes and then got up. Her small frame was even smaller. She had lost a lot of weight and her eyes were duller. They didn't have that shine they once held. She wrenched the door open and looked to Steve. "Don't, just don't. You don't know what he would have wanted Steve." She walked past him and down the steps. "It should have been me not him." Muttering she headed to the kitchen.

Steve pursed his lips. "Don't even say that. Don't you dare even say that Rose." He watched as she made herself a PB sandwich.

"I agree with Steve."

Rose looked up seeing Natasha. Her red locks of hair were coming in through the blonde she had dyed it. "I thought you were working? You know still trying to help a world which is crumbling to ruin?" Sticking the knife into the Peanut butter she smeared some onto the toast. "I don't need a pep talk Natasha."

Natasha tilted her head and then took two pieces of toast and the jar of peanut butter. "You want to know what I was doing?" She took the knife from Rose and fixed her own sandwich. "I was listening to reports from everyone. Reports that involved a dear friend of mine. He has gone rouge. Killed many... Though he lost his family so I'm sure he is upset." A tear threatened to fall from her eye, but somehow she didn't let it. "At least he isn't doing nothing Rose." She looked at her and shook her head. "You've been no where ever since it happened. When is the last time your trained?"