The Journals and A New Oppurtunity

(Bucharest Romania)

The sound of a pencil meeting paper made Rose open her eyes and look over

The sound of a pencil meeting paper made Rose open her eyes and look over. She looked around the room she was in and frowned slightly. Last night she had found out that her real name was Rose. It seemed hard to believe since her memories were just a jumbled up mess of truth and lies. Rose looked over and saw the man she knew wasn't the Winter solider but Bucky... Her Bucky? She looked down seeing the blanket over her and sat up running a hand through her hair.

The sound of the pencil scratching against the paper stopped, as Bucky looked over and noticed Rose was awake. "Rose?" He spoke in a soft voice like one would use to calm a wild animal. 

She looked at him her eyes weary and unsure. How was any of this possible? She needed to know more. "You said my name was Rose?" Her voice was scratchy as it wasn't used that often.

Bucky nodded not moving from his spot on the couch. He didn't want to startle her or make another memory surface and cause her pain. He gently laid down the pencil and sighed. "Do you remember anything Rose?"

Rose looked at the object he had been writing in and noticed it was a journal. Her eyes looked at it and then back to him. "No."

Bucky sighed figuring that would be the case. He was still trying to put together his own memories, and so far he had over ten journals littered with notes, drawings, memories... He looked at her. "How about I get us something to eat? You must be hungry." He didn't know if she would eat anything he offered but it was worth a shot...

Rose looked at Bucky and then back down at her hands. She heard him get up and head out the door. She heard his footsteps as he walked down the flights of stairs of wherever they were. The journal was still on the table, and she walked over curious gently picking it up with her hands. The pages were worn out and some of them looked like they had been under intense pressure. One of them even had a stain on the page where something must have been spilt onto it. These were his memories... She frowned and looked at the words, and the marked out areas on the page. Memories... Such strange occurrences that circled around her own head.

She didn't know how long she actually stood there staring at the pages as she turned them. However, the sound of someone coming made her walk back to the chair and sit back down.

The door opened with a creak and Bucky walked in. "I brought you something to eat." He looked over at her and gently set the paper bag down. The bag crinkling as it met the table. She seemed to have not moved from her spot, but the journal on a different page made him look over at her. "It helps to write them down." He paused and sighed, "My memories..."

Rose frowned and cleared her throat as it was still rough and scratchy. "You remember a lot..."

Bucky jerked his head up hearing her voice finally... "I... I try to. It's hard and sometimes the memories aren't what I want to know..." Rose nodded and sighed looking over, "You remember all you've done don't you?"