𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

1:01 am
July 25, 1996

Draco and I didn't speak for weeks. For the weeks I didn't see his precious face, I mainly spent it sulking in regret. God I wished I could've just went back into the past and told him the truth, but sadly that wasn't possible. What we once had was gone, I was assuming for good. The sour and stingy feeling burned my heart for those long weeks I didn't see my love. One night, I think I had reached my all time low while I watched the clock strike midnight. I eagerly pulled myself out of bed and rushed to my window and cranked it, searching for the light of his lantern shining in the thick woods. When I remembered, he wasn't going to be there. My eyes rained tears as I crumpled underneath the window. My heart wrenched. I missed him so goddamn much. His words still echoed through my mind.

"You took so much from me, my time, my heart, and my god, you took my fucking virginity."

This phrase haunted me, I heard it constantly. During dinner, when I was trying to sleep, even right as I woke up in the mornings. My once dreamy summer had morphed into a complete nightmare.

I needed something. Something that was apart of him. Miraculously, under my bed, I noticed a lump of clothing. I crawled over to it and yanked it out from underneath. It was his dark green Quidditch hoodie. My tears erupted out of my eyes harder while I pulled it over my head, getting a huge whiff of his expensive cologne, a scent that I couldn't forget if I wanted to. My arms clutched my legs tightly and I sobbed into his hoodie. God it hurt for awhile. For about an hour, I sat on the cold floor and bawled, but eventually I felt comforted by Draco's scent. I searched around for something else, but I felt just about helpless.

Suddenly, I saw my record player sitting in the corner of my dark room, only lit by the pale moonlight in the shape of my window shining onto the wooden floors. I crawled towards it and rummaged through the metal box that held each of my records. Soon enough, I pulled one out labeled "Blondie." It was a mix of songs Draco and I had made together that reminded us of each other. He had the exact same one, just labeled "Her Blue Eyes." It was stocked with our favorite songs from the 80's. Its sleeve swiftly flew off of it as I carefully pulled the large record out, placing it onto the cavity in which the player held for the record. I silently waited as that soft and familiar guitar began to play. It was the song we both danced to during the summer ball, Every Breath You Take. The tears that were still stored up from earlier trickled out of my blue eyes. I curled up onto the floor next to my record player, sobbing as the gentle song caressed my ears, bringing back the pure memories I had made with my love. When the bridge played, I wailed the lyrics.

"Since you've gone I've been lost without a trace.
I dream at night I can only see your face.
I look around but it's you I can't replace.
I feel so cold and I long for your embrace.
I keep crying baby, baby please"

I needed him.

DRACOS POV

The second my door slammed and Estelle's broken sobs echoed through the halls, instant regret flooded my body. We didn't speak for weeks on end. The end of July was nearing, and the last thing I wanted to do was spend this last month of my summer without my beautiful Estelle.

My nights for these few weeks generally consisted of staring at the stars routinely, but this time, they meant something different. Estelle meant star, so it seemed now as if every star in space was for her. Especially my constellation. Every star it consisted of was made up of her, because a constellation wasn't a constellation without stars. Right? It felt crazy to relate to a group of stars, but it was exactly like myself. Every single part of me was her, as she was my everything. I sobbed harder, thinking of this concept, and I heard someone's footsteps trudging across the roof to the right of me. I abruptly looked away from the stars in the sky, only to see my beautiful mother coming to comfort me.

"Draco." She lied next to me where Estelle and I once laid and stared into the stars, right where I was looking. "What seems to be the issue, dear? I've noticed you're very unmotivated."

I breathed deeply through my nose and exhaled through my mouth. My tears set loose out of my eyes and my voice broke. "Do you see how all the constellations in the sky are made of stars? Every single one of them wouldn't be a constellation without all the stars that make them up. And Draco, the constellation I was named after, it wouldn't be Draco without the stars. Estelle was named after the stars, too. Constellations are nothing without the stars. Just like I am nothing without Estelle."

My mother ran her hand across my throbbing forehead, due to my mess of a self. "If you're nothing without Estelle, then you need to tell her that. Terrible, unexpected things happen daily. Estelle could be gone with the blink of an eye, and you would have never gotten to speak at her again. Tell me Draco, what was the last thing you said to the poor girl?"

"I told her to get the fuck out." I whispered back, the tears still streaming down my cheeks.

"How would you feel knowing that if she passed on today, that would've been the very last thing you spoke to her. Like your grandmother always said, you'll never know when the last time you'll be able to say the word 'tomorrow' is. So if you really love Estelle like I know your burning heart does, then let her know it and don't leave her hurting like that."

I needed her.