𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

6:05 am
May 2, 1998

"I've got you, Estelle."

His muscular arms gripped around my torso as I clutched onto him, tighter than I ever thought I could. Pansy, Blaise, and Goyle rested next to us, their eyes sealed tightly. The chilling sound of the dreadful Death Eaters marching above gave us all the jitters.

"We're killing that Potter boy, once and for all."

I locked my eyes shut as my tears rapidly dripped out of them. The evil group above us were psychotic killers, looking to kill every student in this school if they had a chance to. Maybe now that they were retreating to the Forbidden Forest, there would be some time without all the chaos.

Shortly after, the intense parading of the Death Eaters concluded, as they had all retreated to the Forbidden Forest with the Dark Lord. Potter would be absolutely mad to confront Voldemort there, for he was practically setting himself up to be murdered.

"Is the coast clear?" Draco questioned urgently, clutching onto my hand tighter.

Pansy poked her head out of the tiny space in which we were hiding. "Yes, it's only our army now. You guys can come out."

The five of us emerged nonchalantly, only to see even more of the castle in utter ruins. The walls still crackled with flames. Huge lots of stones were piled onto each other. The neatly crafted stone flooring was cracked into thousands of pieces. I sobbed out a pain-stricken cry seeing my second home like this, as Draco pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around me.

"Hermione? Did Harry end up going to Voldemort?" Pansy inquired.

Hermione slowly sighed and closed her startled eyes. "Yes. He went, and Ron went with him as well. I told him that he shouldn't have, but he went anyways."

"Coward." Draco breathed.

The silence among our army was far too loud, as we all settled into the new environment of the courtyard, observing each other for possibly the very last time. The most agonizing thing about the whole battle, was seeing the people who you once talked to, sat next to in class, giggled with, sobbed with, drank with, dead. Crumbled to the ground. Lifeless. As Draco, Pansy, Blaise, Goyle and I were making our sprint towards the courtyard we were in currently, where all the remainders were clustered, we passed through the Great Hall, which had essentially become a memorial for the late students and professors who passed that morning. Through my heavy breaths, I guiltily watched as Ronald howled in misery at the sight of his late brother, lifeless in the ground. It anguished me also, for Fred was always more of a laid-back guy. I couldn't possibly imagine how George was feeling, for that was just like losing your other half.

"Pansy," Blaise whisper-shouted, as she quickly turned to face him.

All eyes fell on them, for they were the only ones talking in this disastrous state.

"If I don't make it out of this battle alive, I wanted to do something that I was always too afraid to do."

Blaise leaned in, and kissed Pansy passionately, embracing her as tears trickled down both of their faces. This encouraged others to hold tightly onto their loved ones. Everyone observed as what would've been deemed as the most unexpected people, clutching onto each other tightly, and murmuring things to each other.

Draco joined the trend, and hoisted me into his arms, my legs wrapped tightly around his waist.

"I love you always, Estelle. Once this is all over, we can go home, and run through the woods without care and forget this ever happened. Just you and me, against the world."

"I love you too, Draco. Please stay safe."

"If it comes down to it today, I will die for you, my star."

Our bottom lips both quivered, making it challenging to utter these words out. The beautiful blond kissed me gently, leaving a few people in awe, because Draco and I weren't really an "expected" couple. He pulled away from our smooch slowly, looking into my sapphire eyes with his stormy grey, and slowly wiped my tears off my cheeks with his thumb.

"I don't wanna die Draco." I sobbed, burying my tear stained face into the crook of his neck.

"I refuse to let you die. It's my job to keep you safe. I am going to protect you right until my very last breath, when my heart stops beating, when my soul leaves this Earth."

•••••••••
6:47 am
May 2, 1998
The Forbidden Forest
Third Person POV

Lord Voldemort lingered in the Forbidden Forest, with his mob of ferocious followers loitering behind him. They stood sternly, pardoning the knowledge that they have haphazardly taken lives today that will never be gained back. Harry trudged through the forest with pride and dignity, his late family members and friends standing along beside him. Ron cautiously tagged along behind Harry, knowing he probably shouldn't have accompanied him. Lord Voldemort and his vile army grew malicious sneers on their hideous faces as they saw the Boy Who Lived approaching them with bravery.

"Harry Potter," Voldemort bellowed, "Did you not hear when I said I was speaking directly to you? I appointed you to come unaccompanied."

Ron swallowed roughly and sighed, with the tedious knowledge that the Dark Lord was going to slaughter him.

Unexpectedly, the Dark Lord cried out "Imperious!" and struck the spell directly to Ron.

He hunkered over for a second, clutching onto his throbbing head, but then he arose again with power. The eyes that were once brown with fear, were now yellow with hatred, exact to how Voldemort's eyes looked.

"Ronald, I advise you to return to the castle with a few members of my committee, and kill."

Ronald sternly nodded and viciously grinned. "Yes Lord Voldemort." A few Death Eaters followed behind him, racing towards the unprotected castle as if it depended on their lives.

"Harry Potter." The Dark Lord shrilled, "The Boy Who Lived, come to die."

Harry gently closed his eyes, preparing himself for the unthinkable. The Dark Lord shakily reached for a crevice in his robe, where the Elder Wand was placed. He raised it violently, as Harry winced at the sight.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!"