𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞- 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐧

As I heard Draco's scream of pure and utter heartache, I knew explicitly what had happened.

My dearest friend, since the very start, laid deceased in the love of her live's lap. She had once mentioned to me that she preferred to pass in a field of wildflowers in the Spring, with the love of her life near, holding her close. It deeply distressed me that she had to pass on a demolished stone ground, in the midst of a bloody, deadly battle. Blaise, Goyle, and I stood there numbly as we watched Estelle gain her wings.

If anyone was an Earth angel, it was Estelle Armstrong.

She was always encouraging me to wake up everyday, and deliver my best into everything, from the second I had befriended her, to the day she had passed. Waking her up this morning, looking into her groggy, alarmed eyes, I would've never concluded that today had to be our last day with her.

Estelle was my soul sister. When I first met her, it was on the Hogwarts Express. No one would sit with me, and my heart was absolutely shattered. Except for her. She had opened that glass door with the biggest smile on her youthful face.

And we went from there. We would pull mischievous jokes on the perplexed professors, giggling through the echoey corridor after destroying the evidence of our cheeky little selves pulling such malicious pranks. Her and I would explore the Forbidden Forest and try as hard as we possibly could not to get caught by filthy Professor Filch. Every spell we had learned, we exercised on each other, Blaise tagging along with us nonchalantly. We'd talk about the dreamy seventh year guys that occasionally waved to us, and also talk complete shit on our enemies. I went to the Yule Ball with Blaise in fourth year, and she went with her vicious boyfriend Ron, whom I always knew was never meant for her, but every time I would bring it up, she'd become defensive and deny the obvious truth. As we grew older and became even more dispirited, I started drinking with her to numb the constant ache that burned in our hearts, hers from Ron, and mine from my father. We were iconic at those bloody common room parties, her practically being the life of every single one of them. I remember at that last one we had gone to, seeing the fear in her flickering eyes as Ron tried to take her away. Draco took her from him, and I knew that the poor girl probably felt safer with the school prick than with her own boyfriend. I wish her last common room party could've gone better, she loved them. And that summer, when I saw her with the icky, blond jerk at the ball, the key thing that entered my mind was "Not Draco, he's bad news." But God was I incorrect. Even though he had been bad news, I could just tell by the way he looked at her for all those years that he was more in love with her than I ever fathomed that someone could love a person. The misery in his dusty eyes while she shot him crummy looks. The anguished look he had while she had entered the Great Hall with Ron, holding hands for the first time. After he had gotten a chuckle or two with his filthy minions, he had turned away from them, evidently on the verge of tears. She had deserved everything, and Draco gave her it.

In all those small moments that I took advantage of, I never fathomed that I would end up saying goodbye to her so soon.

My heart is shattered.

I had gained a friend on the Hogwarts Express while I was an oblivious and fearless eleven-year-old girl.

But the only gain today, was Heaven, which gained an angel.