𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

(im bawling 😀)
7:37 am
May 2, 1998
Estelle's POV

The glowing beam of daybreak expanded closer and closer as my fatigued legs accelerated, as this was the final stretch.

Then this would be over.

I would be done with this war.

And I could go home with Draco and forget this ever happened.

As soon as I arrived in the front courtyard, a relieved feeling fluttered in my stomach. My legs ceased from sprinting, for I was far too exhausted to go any further right now. I hunkered over, my hands resting on my shaky knees while gasping for air through my smoke-filled lungs. The fresh air was wonderfully pleasing. When I had seized my breath just enough to relieve the dizzy feeling I had, I glanced up at the occurrences before me. Everyone was surrounding Harry and the Dark Lord, who had violent beams of red and green lights spewing out of their wands, dueling for once and for all. Several other Death Eaters dueled maliciously with innocent students. I cringed as I saw numerous crumble to the ground, dead. While I began limping up to observe the action between Harry and Voldemort, I heard a bitter snarl.

Shit.

Ronald waited to the left of me, his wand naughtily heightened. His eyes flared yellow, an villainous sneer plastered across his lips. Voldemort had casted Imperious on him, which means he had entire domination over the boy. My heart raced powerfully, and the tears came plunging down my ashy cheeks once again, burning my eyes.

"Ronald," I breathed. "Lower your wand."

The surroundings were utterly silent, besides the electrical sounds of the spells being fired behind us and his feet crunching in the deteriorated stones as he approached me.

"And why exactly should I listen to you, Estelle?" He thundered, twirling his wand around his middle and index fingers. "You've ruined everything good in my life."

"Ron, Cheating was an evil thing of me to do. But you can't play victim in everything that happens to you."

"Damnit! Do you know how bad it fucking killed me to see Malfoy kissing you, the way I always wanted to?" He snarled, approached somewhat closer.

"Ron! I'm fucking sorry okay!" I screamed back, tears streaming out of my eyes now.

"You ruined everything. Everything, Estelle. Literally everything."

"You don't have to do this, Ron!" I shrieked back, jittering in fear.

Where was Draco? He was supposed to be here by now. We were supposed to run elsewhere, with Pansy, Goyle, and Blaise. Where had they been?

"This isn't you!" I screeched again.

"Voldemort may have instructed me to do this, but I promise you, this is all of me. Every. Last. Bit."

The tears silently poured down my cheeks as my bottom lip violently quivered, my teeth chattering hastily. My whole body shuddered and chills trailed up my spine.

He closed his eyes solemnly and stepped closer towards me. The black pupils around his yellow iris narrowed, shooting me a look of pure hatred.

Draco, please. Hurry up.

"Avada Kedavra."

No. No please no. Not today. I'm not ready.

He uttered the harsh phrase so easily, as if we had never meant anything to each other. The sickening green light spewed out of his wand and struck right into my chest, knocking me directly backwards. I harshly landed on my back, my body becoming utterly senseless.