Chapter 1. The Dalek Girl.

I lie under the soon to be time machine, I analyze then check all the wires under it. Creating a time machine reminded me of my dad in our time together as he taught me all the know how's of quantum mechanics. When I was younger the enemy race Daleks kidnapped me and injected their blood into me forming me into a half Dalek Half Timelord mix. Now I was stuck with a part mechanical body that didn't quite work together well.  Lo and behold his Tardis arrived with him whisking me away to safety. Sadly, an accident occurred causing me to stumble and fall out of the Tardis midway through the time vortex. I've been searching for him endlessly, and I've gotten in a good amount of trouble with the Shadow Proclamation and Torchwood for my efforts, but now I would find him, I was sure of it. 

      One of the wires was sparking taking my attention. Forgetting no one was present I instinctually ask for a tool "Hand me the blue sonic wrench. Not the indigo, the blue." A hand passes it to me and after a few moments I freeze, remembering that last time I checked, no one was there. I glance under and there are two legs standing there.

        I quickly roll out from underneath the wires; of the soon to be time machine, with grease all over me. I have a baseball cap on, that was smothered with grease as much as I was "Ok, who's there? This is not funny"  I scan the surrounding area and I see no one there. The person must have moved and hidden from sight. But how did that person get in here? Was I seeing things?  I gather up the courage to say something else "Ummmm...Hello?" I stand there wondering if something is going on with my Dalek tech or someone is messing with me.

 Then I feel a tap on my shoulder coming from behind me. I startle a little bit "Oi!" I stand there for a moment looking around furiously confused.  Then I hear a slight giggling sound resonating from behind me.

When I spin around to catch the sneaky person playing pranks on me. I still don't see anyone.  "Who's there! I'm warning you!" I reach to my belt to grab my normal wrench. Just as I fetch it out, I see someone appear out of nowhere. The figure is of a young girl about sixteen with long brown hair and green eyes grinning with mischief "Why are you here?!?" I raise up my wrench, in case I have to hit her or knock her unconscious.

       "Woah hey! I'm just playing a joke on you" She raises her hands in defense.

 "How'd you even get in here?!?"  My hat starts tip, so I take my free hand and fix it.

She starts explaining. "I turned invisible. It's something I can do. Did I scare you?"  

 "How'd you get in here before that, though? I have state of the art security systems and lasers and everything!"  I rush over to a laptop and check the security cameras. My hat starts to slip off again, so I straighten it and make more of a deal then seems to be needed about it. 

The girl takes in the information casually "Oh there were Lazers and all that? I didn't see any when I came in.."   

"I turned them on..."  I flip through the status of the security systems, noticing all of them seem to be logged of. My hat keeps slipping once more causing myself to keep puffing and fixing it. 

She noticed the constant fidgeting with my hat "Maybe you should take your hat off." she says   walking over "They're off see. Like I told you." 

     "I'm not taking off the hat" I state looking at the cameras again and see one is down "Great. Oh well. 39 out of 40 is okay I guess." 

 "Well alright if you really like the hat." She shrugs looking over the screens. "Hmm. I didn't do that if you think it was me. So, who did?"  

      Katrinas P.O.V
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

     Another camera goes down "Someone's coming, and they don't seem to like us" the girl walks over to the metal door and deadlocks it. Then does the same with the other one. As she carries out these tasks the gust of wind knocks her hat loose completely falling off her head.   This then revealed what was hidden underneath.  What I saw was something I'd only seen on the tops of Daleks casings, their lights.  I stare at the door she just locked after seeing the other camera went down "Something is coming... not good." I tried to ignore her Dalek lights, but I couldn't any longer "Uh. Why do you have dalek lights?" 

She reaches up to her head and sees that her hat is not there. "Oh, bloody hell that's just wonderful!" Suddenly At the first door there is a loud banging noise.

     I pull my gaze away from her head for a moment bringing my attention to the door again.  I had never seen someone with what looked to be Dalek hardware grafted onto their head. I didn't know what I was dealing with here if the enemies outside the door are the only ones, I should be afraid of. Also, that those banging on the door aren't her friends "We've got to get somewhere safer!" I yell out sped up by the situation.

 She answers me sarcastically "Yes because yelling is totally going to speed up the situation!"

 "It does. It makes everyone else faster." I imply giving a smirk grabbing her hand and pulling her along running away from the banging on the door.

 "Ya know I would totally exterminate you right now if we weren't in danger!" She punches in a code and a secret door opens.

 I stare at her wide eyed "SO you are a dalek. Please don't exterminate me. I'm trying to save your life too. Whatever you are." 

She smirks pulling me in by my shirt. "Maybe..."  

 I reply trying to be simple while trying to figure out what to call her.  "Ok. Time to run. Dalek person I just met." 

She exclaims "I'm not a just a dalek. Gosh that'd be boring!"

 "Yeah, I see that."  I sarcastically reply while running. 

     Her leg almost trips me but instead it trips her up and she falls to the ground. I help her up "Best not trip when people are after us."  

  She remains to look angrily at me "I wouldn't have tripped if you would've let me trip you."

 I stare at her  "Why were you trying to trip me? Oh, right running with a dalek person got it..."  I teleport ahead of her slightly suspicious of this girl not willing to trust her "Let's go. Maybe you know who those people who are trying to attack us and can tell me who they are." I state with a slightly agitated tone. 

 "I'm in as much danger as you are." She finishes. 

I run ahead of her when suddenly she throws a scarf at my feet, I get tangled up in it crashing to the ground, watching as she runs ahead "Hey!?"  I struggle with it to get untangled "This isn't a race!" I can't get it untangled fast enough so I decided to teleport ahead of where she is quite annoyed now. If this Dalek girl wanted to attack me, she sure had a strange way of doing it "Ello. That wasn't nice. This isn't a race."

        She had to stop to catch her breath as I had teleported to her. 

"I know it's not a race, it's called survival!" She states then grabbing my hand and starts running again down the corridors of her Tardis.

 I look at her uncertain how to read this girl as a threat or an ally "Are you deliberately trying to trip me up? We can work together to survive. That's how it's going to work with me. Got it."  I squeeze her hand tight for a moment letting her know in a warning. 

 Coming to a halt abruptly she shoots me a puzzled look "Together?"  Reeling over the word as if it's a foreign concept.  

 I nod "Yes. Together. It's the only way we can survive." I smile almost forgetting she's a dalek person "Come on. I think I see somewhere up ahead where we can barricade ourselves." 

"Umm....ok. If I don't die, I'll do it." She follows close behind one hand still clenched around her wrench. Just in case I was a threat to her.