Chapter 2: The Gift

Aarav forwarded the gift in front of Ruhana "maa.. Main aapka beta hun na isliye aap mera gift pehle dekhogi"

Vineet pushed him aside and forwarded his "nahi Ruu.. Aarav se pehle main hun na toh tum mera khologi pehle"

Aarav turned his face towards him and said "Dad.. this is unfair hamare beech tah hua tha pehle maa mera gift dekhegi"

Vineet glared at him as that was a complete lie "hamare beech aisa kuch tah nahi hua tha

Vineet glared at him as that was a complete lie "hamare beech aisa kuch tah nahi hua tha.. Tumne toh mera gift wrap bhi copy kiya hai" he taunted him.

Aarav looked at him with an open mouth "no.. aapne mera copy kiya hai.. Mr. copy cat Dad"

"How dare you call me a copy cat? I am your father" Vineet said a bit angrily.

Ruhana had enough of their argument, and now there is one option to stop them so she shouted "statue"

Vineet and Aarav stood like a sculpture at their places. They were just allowed to blink their eyes, Ruhana held both of their gifts and sat down on the couch.

"Jabtak dono ko statue na bolo ladna band hi nahi karte hai.." she murmured.

She opened Aarav's gift first "pati se pehle beta.."

Aarav could not even smile or tease Vineet for that due to the statue.

She looked at the gift, it was diamond earrings. She was thinking about how he got this as he is still a college student.

She smiled "Earrings to bahut ache hai Aarav.."

Aarav looked at her and made a sound indicating to say "Statue over" but still denied it with her eyes.

Ruhana opened Vineet's gift, it was also the diamond earrings of the same design. "Waah.. baap beta ka gift wrap chodo gift bhi ek hi hai.." she said looking at both of them.

Vineet eyed her and signalled her.

"Statue over.." she finally said.

Aarav and Vineet took a deep breath.