Chapter 16: Guiding Him

Third Person POV

Ruhana was just happy, she hugged Vineet and said "finally.. he managed to do it"

"haan karna hi tha, tumhe jo bharosa hai uspar" Vineet replied.

"tumhe nahi tha?" Ruhana questioned him.

"tha..  Par agar aise bhi nhi sunta toh mujhse peet jaata aur ha dheere dheere sab thik ho jayega haan pehle ki tarah ek dum normal toh nahi ho sakta par something closer to that I am expecting," Vineet said hopefully.

"hoga Vineet, waqt lagega par hoga zaroor" Ruhana said.

She looked at the time it was 9 am "Aarav ko uthado tum.. aaj use hamare saath dining table pe breakfast karna hai"

"Thik hai.." Vineet agreed. He entered Aarav's room.

He saw him sleeping, he sat down beside him (aarav) and moved his fingers across his hairs.. "Aarav.. Utho"

He just smiled lightly which Vineet never saw on his face after the accident. Maybe he was dreaming something which he wanted to happen but is not possible in real life.

"utho beta

"utho beta... Aarav" Vineet said softly..

After sometime he opened his eyes and sat up straight. The smile went missing and he plastered the sadness around his lips..

Vineet said "Good morning...." and stands up from the bed moving to side.

Aarav passed a light smile to him.
"chalo Bahar breakfast ke liye hmm"

Aarav stood up and tried to locate the stick, Vineet said "thoda left..." he followed his father's guidance and managed to hold it.

Vineet smiled, he took a step and grabbed Vineet's hand while moving the stick left and right so that he wouldn't hit anything on his way.

He managed to reach the hall, Vineet was overwhelmed as it has been a month since he had been back home from the hospital but was trapped inside his room. Today he gathered courage and stepped out of his room. Vineet pulled the chair and Aarav sat down. Vineet held his stick and kept it aside.

Ruhana came out of the kitchen and smiled "good boy.. Aaj toh janab yahan nashta karenge hamare saath"

Aarav smiled genuinely for the first time.

Ruhana kept the plate in front of him, she asked "main khilau??"

"Nahi Ruu.. aaj ye khud koshish karega.." Vineet replied.

Aarav forwarded his hand and touched the dining table. He lightly tapped and moved left and right, finally managed to find the plate. He touched the food, he was trying to sense what her mother had prepared.

 He touched the food, he was trying to sense what her mother had prepared