Chapter 23: Facing Her Anger

Ruhana had heard Aarav's and Vineet's conversation but didn't reacted. Vineet took Aarav inside the room and gave him medicines.

Aarav lay down on bed while vineet covered him with the blanket. He was about to leave but Aarav held his hand.. "dad.." he took his name with some kind of fear.

"haa Aarav" Vineet replied..

"aap mere paas so jayie please.." he requested him.

Vineet agreed "thik hai

Vineet agreed "thik hai.. Main change krke aata hun"

But he didn't let him move.. 'Nahii yahi kar lijiye mere paas rahiye please"

Ruhana kept his nightwear on the side table of the bed and went inside her room. Vineet sighed and thought "maa bete bhi na... Ziddi hai"

He changed and than laid beside Aarav. During midnight, he had a bad dream about the incident.

Vineet was working on his presentation, he noticed Aarav panicking in sleep. He kept his laptop aside, and held his hand tightly.

He also kept his other hand on his forehead to calm him down. Aarav shifted his head closer to him and slept peacefully. Vineet smiled and kissed his forehead.

The next morning, Aarav opened his eyes and touched his wrist assuming his watch was with him but realised he lost the watch somewhere. He stood up from the bed and walked towards the wardrobe, he slid the door and touched the clothes trying to recognize them.

It took him 15 minutes to pull out his trousers and t-shirt as earlier Ruhana always used to keep it out for him. He moved towards the bathroom and freshened up.

He stepped out after taking the bath and went straight to the hall. He called out "maa..." but she didn't respond.

The house phone ranged, he headed towards it and picked it up. He attached it next to his ear, and the person spoke "Aarav.. Ruhana apne online business ke kaam se bahar gayi hai.. Breakfast table pe hai aur lunch kitchen mein left corner mein hai.."

Aarav was upset as his mother didn't instruct him it was Vineet instead

Aarav was upset as his mother didn't instruct him it was Vineet instead. He nodded "thik hai..Dad'

He moved to the dining table and sat down on the chair. He lifted the plate and ate breakfast.