Chapter 12: Father Son

Vineet's POV

I couldn't see my son in this state, can't his eyesight be treated? There must be a cure for it definitely. I took my laptop and searched "Treatment for blindness"

Many top eye specialist doctors list appeared and I contracted them. I emailed Aarav's report and hoped for some good news. I got responses which only shattered me.

Ruhan kept her hand on my shoulder, I gave her a helpless look. She said "maan lo Vineet.. Jabtak hum nahi maanenge use nahi sambhal payenge.."

I still didn't give up, I was thinking hard and remembered my friend. I said "Ek Aakhiri koshish.. Delhi mein mera ek dost hai he is eye specialist"

I contracted him and waited for his response.

"Vineet.. Dr. Sameer ne kaha hai.. Uski aankhon ko permanent damage ho chuka hai" She said..

"Pata hai.. Par mujhe apni tasalli karne do.." I replied and really wished for some miracle to happen. My mind was certain but my heart was still unable to believe.

I started to walk to and fro impatiently. Finally he called back. Ruhana said "speaker pe rakho.."

I nodded in yes, and answered the call. His words just left me broken, I sat down on the couch with thud "thank you" I said. I threw away the phone in frustration.

He was my last hope, I must accept it 100% that my son won't be able to see me anymore. His dreams, my expectations, everything ended.

Ruhana wrapped her arm around me and consoled me. She said.. "Maan lo Vineet.. Mujhe samjha rahe they aur khud hi nahi maan rahe ho"

 Mujhe samjha rahe they aur khud hi nahi maan rahe ho"

"Jab usne mera haath padka tha na Ruu.. I felt his pain.... Uski bebasi lachari.. Maine mehsus ki hai" I replied with a painful voice.

"Waqt lagega par wo sambhal jayega Vineet hum hai na uske liye" she said looking at me kneely.

I passed her an asymmetric smile with an expression of deep sadness pasted over the top.

"Main lunch banati hun.. Usne kalse kuch nahi khaya hai tumne bhi raat dinner nahi kiya tha" Ruhana said.

"tumne bhi toh kuch nahi khaya" I replied.

She smiled "ab hum teeno khayenge ek saath" she said.

I nodded, suddenly we heard a loud sound from Aarav's room. We stood up and rushed to his room.

I was shocked to see the scenario in front of me, he had fallen on the floor and water around him. The water jug was broken, his palm was bleeding with the small piece inside it.