Chapter 6: Handling Him

Vineet's POV

My mind was completely blocked, the doctor's words were still echoing in my ears. I stood up from my place and took baby steps towards my son who was lying down silently with closed eyes.

I sat down on the stool in front of him and softly touched his head moving my fingers in between his hairs. How can I accept that he won't be able to get a glimpse of me anymore? How will I run behind him after our argument and his teasing session?

 How can I accept that he won't be able to get a glimpse of me anymore? How will I run behind him after our argument and his teasing session?

I remembered a memory, weeks ago I was working on the laptop due to submissions around the corner.

Aarav came out of the room and asked "Dad.. what are you doing?"

I glanced at him and said "tumhe kya lagta hai Aarav main kya kar raha hun?"

"Dad.. mujhe dikh raha hai aap kya kar rahe ho par time kya hua hai?" he questioned back.

I glanced at the time it was 4 am in the morning, he was staring at me

"Go to sleep.. Ek ghante mein maa bhi uth jayegi aur aap nahi soyege toh office mein kaam nahi karoge go" he ordered.

"Bas thoda baaki hai.." I replied, he snatched the laptop from my lap.

I was shocked at his move, he was so strict and said "main khatam kar dunga.."

"Tum kaise karoge?" He asked.

"Dad.. kuch mahino mein mera graduation hone waala hun samjhe and itna bhi muskil nahi hai aap jayie waise bhi mujhe kal college nahi jaana hai toh main kar dunga" Aarav said and went inside his room without even listening to me.

I sighed.. "Kaam kharab hi karega mera.."

"dad.. You don't trust me how bad" as he had heard what I said in whispering tone.

It's not that I don't trust him but he is still a student and this is work need experience which he doesn't have.

I went inside the bedroom and took a short nap. I woke up at 7 am and went to Aarav's room, he had slept on the chair with his head on the study table. I smiled and ruffled his hair.